Any software for using 1120CX as c/s client?

superas

Registered
Hello all. I have this old STB near a PC and is already connected via null modem cable. I would like to ask you if there is any software available for Windows which I can use, so that the box can work as a c/s client (via newcamd protocol).

I want to enter my login details (username, password etc) and let it connect. I don't mind having my PC up and running. Is that possible?

In the past, there was a software called October, but it was having a different philosophy. You had to find a serial number and then connect to a server. Thanks.

*Joker*

Registered
No, only the 2100, 2600 and 2620CXCI can be used for cs with fixed firmware of Satycon or Lasat. The 1120 and 2120 not.:mecry:

superas

Registered
Hello Joker and happy new year! Thank you very much for your answer! Could you please give me some more details about the way those firmwares work? First of all, are there two different firmwares or basically one? Do they provide a page in their settings where you fill in from the remote control the login details? Or they need a software running in Windows? Have you any personal experience?

Personally, I download firmwares for my 1120CX from LINK FOR UPLOAD IS NOT ALLOWED HERE. Where can I found those firmwares? It's possible that I can find a compatible model. But why those firmwares don't support 1120CX and 2120? Are there any hardware reasons? Please, try to reply to my questions. I really need it. Thank you!

*Joker*

Registered
Hi,

the Edision and ILTV software supports no cardsharing. So you need a software from a clone Receiver whitch is able to do cs. There are a few clones of Edision. But the clone software has to be fixed for Edision or the Box can be damaged.
Clones of Edision 2620CXCI (and 2600) are Satycon F3CI, LaSat 5800 or Wodex3000CI.
Clone of Edision 2100 are Satycon F1FTA and LaSat 440.

Clone of 1120/2120 is Digiquest 6330, but this firmware supports no cardsharing like the ILTV firmware. I´m seaching another clone but i have found none at the moment.

CS:
You have to use RS232 and PC. The Satycon firmware has a menue point for cs and then you need a software on PC, like sst, wsp, spidershare to fill in login details.

superas

Registered
Hello, joker and thank you for your invaluable help. I really appreciate that. I have read that you are coming from Germany, the mother country of satellite technology with so much information resources, so you should know much more than the average. Happy to see that you like explaining and sharing your knowledge.

Well, I didn't know that Edision receivers have clones. I understand: The official firmware and the ILTV firmware do not support the participation of the box to a card sharing network via RS232, while the firmwares of the clones do support it. So we have to make a cross flash, if I understand correctly. But after that process, will the remote control be still functional? Or we will have to buy a new one?

In the past, I have made such a transformation for a friend (DSN GR 7000 CI-ADVANCE --> Truman TM-200), but in the end we bought another remote control since the old one stopped functioning. I have also posted detailed instructions of the process in various Greek forums and received many personal messages about that.

So it would be great if there is available a useful firmware from a clone of my little box. Could you please send me some links with those Satycon and LaSat firmwares and instructions? If you like, send them with a pm, because links are not allowed here.

Do you have any personal experience in such a transformation of an Edision model into a LaSat one? Have you ever used it as a c/s client? Is the software (eg spidershare) stable and reliable? Does it support newcamd server? I am asking you all these, because I have found the "Edision 2100 FTA" in a German e-shop for only 37.40 ¤ and possibly I will buy it. But first I want to know that it gonna work. Thank you in advance for your help.

*Joker*

Registered
Okay, i send you a PM.

PS: the remote works still and the protocol ist newcamd:)

Last edited:

superas

Registered
Good morning Joker and thank you very much for your answer. It seems that you didn't forget to post here... ;)

Look, the SetTopBox is in my weekend cottage. As soon as I go there, I will install the alternative firmware and I will give you my feedback. The remote control should work, the c/s should work, so this firmware would be a real upgrade for 1120CX.

If everything is fine, I will write a new thread in various greek forums to help other people too. These are great news! Thank you very much for your invaluable help. :thanx:

superas

Registered
Hello Joker! I have downloaded the alternate firmware for my Edision 1120CX and the remote control works normally. Also I have enabled the hidden c/s menu in "System Setting". Now I am trying to make it work.

The only "Sharing Mode" options I see is "None" and "GBOX Cardshare Network". I don't see any option for Newcamd! Why? Now, I have chosen the GBOX option and also I have set the "Baud Rate" at 115200. Is that correct?

You have to use RS232 and PC. The Satycon firmware has a menue point for cs and then you need a software on PC, like sst, wsp, spidershare to fill in login details.
I have downloaded the "Windows Sharing Pack v0.9.8", I have entered my server details in Server1 tab, then I press Start and I see a green flag! :)

The problem is that I don't know what I should choose in the "FTEClone" tab. By default, it has "RS" and "Humax (SSSP)" values. Are they correct in my case? Thanks.

iuliantv

Registered
please help .I need a firmware for a NICE METRONIC BOX 2 (441335) after several attempts I found the software a few clones of his Radix DSR 50002CI ALPHA 5000CI.SCHWAIGER, Schwaiger DSR 5020CI, BESTPOINT DSR 7000 CI.singurul that I found with soft menu key is the BESTPOINT DSR 7000CI. but not on satellite provaiderul Thor 1W (pigitv) and can not be in editat.intrarea menu keys is done with menu system information ok.ok.am tried many software like coship and Arion Ferguson OpenBox etc no problem . thanks