Help, Thor 08w

Paul Sandi

Registered
Hi

I get a signal for Canal Sport 1 but cannot get anything for Sport 2 or sport extra, i have a TopField 5000CI reciever and 88cm dish? Any suggestions as to what i am doing wrong? My reciever does give me manual search but i cant physicaly enter the freq, i just given a selection of which 11261 is not one (11261 is where sport two is located)

Thanks

ftsp

Registered
horizontal channels are impossible to get in south of europe without a two meter dish !

vertical ones are no problem .
where are you ?

iammaduk

Registered
if your dish is not exactly spot on with thor you will not receive all transponders.
have you tried fine tuning your dish ie left/right up/down till you get the strongest signal.is your pole/bracket plumb?? if not this could be the cause. as i found out and had to set bracket/pole up again to get it plumb and then received all transponders on a 60cm dish i`m in the north west and now receieve it without problems ;)
you would need a "proper meter to set this up"

LilleMama

Registered
a slight twist on lbn might do the trick , but I suguest you check satlex site and use the calgulator on it to get max signal .

ALAN 1

Registered
Hi

I get a signal for Canal Sport 1 but cannot get anything for Sport 2 or sport extra, i have a TopField 5000CI reciever and 88cm dish? Any suggestions as to what i am doing wrong? My reciever does give me manual search but i cant physicaly enter the freq, i just given a selection of which 11261 is not one (11261 is where sport two is located)

Thanks
Try INTELSAT10-02 1west gives a stronger signal, do a full scan. you would be better off getting a 1m dish to get a stonger signals.