Go Back   Sat Universe > DVB Cards Section > DVB Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Smart DVB + error of filters/SmartAVS

DVB Chat

Old 23-10-2017, 23:20  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap30 View Post
is there any way around the low symbol rates problem with the 5520se?
Specification says that lowest workin symbol rate is 1MSymbol/s so I have to find ordinary (not feed) transponders available in East Russian Crimea:
23e5 12639v940 with two radio channels was good locked (and played without stuttering) by OMICOM but not locked with 5520SE with bda.dev:

So I repeat your mistake messages.
With blindscan.dev I get "Error locking transponder 12639"
But then I go to Channels -> Blind Scanner with follows settings and 5520SE locked and was written that two radio channel:

But with blindscan.dev still no lock in channellist so I switch to bda.dev and hear radio with small stuttering )
Than I've found some low SR (with 1000<SR<2000kS/s) transponders on 21e5:
1=11665,H,1250
2=11667,H,2083
3=11669,H,1666
4=11672,H,1852
which written TV channels with blindscan.dev but 1 with SR 1250kS/s not locked in channellist (2-4 shows well). And with bda.dev all 4 transponders shows well video and audio.
So with some difficulties low SR transponders with SR>1000kS/s can be watched with TBS 5520SE but if you need lock lower SR transponder you have to use another SAT-device.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VictorLS For This Useful Post:
gap30 (23-10-2017), OpenFox (24-10-2017), ParsianSat (23-10-2017), shishmish (23-10-2017)
Old 23-10-2017, 23:34  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorLS View Post
Specification says that lowest workin symbol rate is 1MSymbol/s so I have to find ordinary (not feed) transponders available in East Russian Crimea:
23e5 12639v940 with two radio channels was good locked (and played without stuttering) by OMICOM but not locked with 5520SE with bda.dev:

So I repeat your mistake messages.
With blindscan.dev I get "Error locking transponder 12639"
But then I go to Channels -> Blind Scanner with follows settings and 5520SE locked and was written that two radio channel:

But with blindscan.dev still no lock in channellist so I switch to bda.dev and hear radio with small stuttering )
Than I've found some low SR (with 1000<SR<2000kS/s) transponders on 21e5:
1=11665,H,1250
2=11667,H,2083
3=11669,H,1666
4=11672,H,1852
which written TV channels with blindscan.dev but 1 with SR 1250kS/s not locked in channellist (2-4 shows well). And with bda.dev all 4 transponders shows well video and audio.
So with some difficulties low SR transponders with SR>1000kS/s can be watched with TBS 5520SE but if you need lock lower SR transponder you have to use another SAT-device.
The problem occurs occasionally with the CAT FAILED TIMEOUT message, it may be a problem at my end regards my setup

I do commonly have problems specifically with 10e even with TP's at symbol rates such as 34000

Sometimes I pick up these signals with my dish pointed at 9e

Signals on 10e are always hit and miss for me, but all other sats are usually fine (weather permitting)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gap30 For This Useful Post:
OpenFox (24-10-2017), ParsianSat (23-10-2017)
Old 24-10-2017, 14:37  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
I do commonly have problems specifically with 10e even with TP's at symbol rates such as 34000
You've asked above about low SR only. It's a pity I can't 100% remember what SAT-device (OMICOM or TBS 5520SE) I used while experimented with high SR 34000 4:2:2 feeds receiving.

Quote:
It's very strange. Theoretically it's possible with small dish size and/or problems with dish's positioning. But I always have scanned (written) one or more ordinary transponders to control signal level to avoid positioning mistakes and move my dish step by step to get maximum signal/noise value.

Quote:
Signals on 10e are always hit and miss for me
It's a pity but usually I can't lock 11500v10000 (Formula1 4:2:2 feed) and 11500v9874 (MotoGP feed) even with good weather without any cloud - signal just appears in some seconds and disappears (like beacon).

Last edited by VictorLS; 24-10-2017 at 14:53..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VictorLS For This Useful Post:
gap30 (24-10-2017), ParsianSat (24-10-2017)
Old 24-10-2017, 19:55  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Quote:
You've asked above about low SR only. It's a pity I can't 100% remember what SAT-device (OMICOM or TBS 5520SE) I used while experimented with high SR 34000 4:2:2 feeds receiving.

It's very strange. Theoretically it's possible with small dish size and/or problems with dish's positioning. But I always have scanned (written) one or more ordinary transponders to control signal level to avoid positioning mistakes and move my dish step by step to get maximum signal/noise value.

It's a pity but usually I can't lock 11500v10000 (Formula1 4:2:2 feed) and 11500v9874 (MotoGP feed) even with good weather without any cloud - signal just appears in some seconds and disappears (like beacon).
https://postimg.org/image/2661638wp7/

1.2m Channel Master
Old 24-10-2017, 23:51  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I have 1,2x1,1 meter offset dish.
Read more about your problem (mainly it's small dish) here http://www.smartdvb.net/bb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1453
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VictorLS For This Useful Post:
gap30 (25-10-2017), ParsianSat (25-10-2017)
Old 30-10-2017, 19:54  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
The problem occurs occasionally with the CAT FAILED TIMEOUT message, it may be a problem at my end regards my setup

Signals on 10e are always hit and miss for me, but all other sats are usually fine (weather permitting)
Aah that's interesting, I also have been experiencing problems like this with feeds on 10e which have confused me. My dish was only installed recently, is spot on for all other satellites but the F1 last week was a no go for me. I manually moved it west about 5 steps and then locked it fine...

I'm now manually adjusting and storing the rotor position for 10e depending on the feed I'm watching.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Wilb For This Useful Post:
ParsianSat (30-10-2017)
Old 30-10-2017, 20:26  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilb View Post
Aah that's interesting, I also have been experiencing problems like this with feeds on 10e which have confused me. My dish was only installed recently, is spot on for all other satellites but the F1 last week was a no go for me. I manually moved it west about 5 steps and then locked it fine...

I'm now manually adjusting and storing the rotor position for 10e depending on the feed I'm watching.

I have just had to adjust my dish 5 steps west to lock the turkish football on 4.9e

Another thing that i did was change my device settings to bda.dev from bdas.dev

Same with the boxing on Saturday, to lock the feed on 10e i had to go to 9e

VictorLS is pretty knowledgeable about these issues
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gap30 For This Useful Post:
ParsianSat (30-10-2017), Wilb (30-10-2017)
Old 30-10-2017, 20:54  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
I have just had to adjust my dish 5 steps west to lock the turkish football on 4.9e

Another thing that i did was change my device settings to bda.dev from bdas.dev

Same with the boxing on Saturday, to lock the feed on 10e i had to go to 9e

VictorLS is pretty knowledgeable about these issues
Worth mentioning I'm not using the setup in question on this thread, I just happened to stumble across it...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wilb For This Useful Post:
gap30 (30-10-2017)
Old 30-10-2017, 22:07  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I tried move dish east-west while Sundays F1 GrandPrix but artifacts still same (as beacon) present.
10e 11428v34000 is very strong now without any dish moving and artifacts. Audio is synced with video on 4:2:2 LIGA SANTANDER 1 HD50 channel with soccer match LPA 1:0 DEP quite well.
Wilb, gap30, how many steps of yours positioneers to move dish one degree? In my case it's ~25 steps per degree.

Last edited by VictorLS; 30-10-2017 at 22:33..
The Following User Says Thank You to VictorLS For This Useful Post:
ParsianSat (30-10-2017)
Old 30-10-2017, 23:16  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Quote:
I tried move dish east-west while Sundays F1 GrandPrix but artifacts still same (as beacon) present.
10e 11428v34000 is very strong now without any dish moving and artifacts. Audio is synced with video on 4:2:2 LIGA SANTANDER 1 HD50 channel with soccer match LPA 1:0 DEP quite well.
Wilb, gap30, how many steps of yours positioneers to move dish one degree? In my case it's ~25 steps per degree.
Not sure tbh, as I said earlier I usually step it west twice and then east twice till I lock a signal

Although in some cases 5 steps west, my dish may have moved a smidge in the recent high winds we had in the UK

Interesting thing to note is Willb is not using our setup

Last edited by gap30; 30-10-2017 at 23:19..