Please help my dreambox is dead

arashkhaan

Registered
today I saw that my box was crashed after restart nothing came up just the blue light behind the power switch is on nothing else the lcd is off too !!! I tried to flash by Dreamup with serial cable but no luck at all ! I can not connect to box please help !!!!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Usually a sign of hardware failure do you have the 800 or the 8000 ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Possible CPU or weak power supply, just a guess though.

aliraza63

Registered
today I saw that my box was crashed after restart nothing came up just the blue light behind the power switch is on nothing else the lcd is off too !!! I tried to flash by Dreamup with serial cable but no luck at all ! I can not connect to box please help !!!!

Seems the cause of bad power supply if u have some knowledge about electrnoics just change the capisotrs 16V/1000uf and 10v/1000uf if u dont know then forget this reply

Last edited:

arashkhaan

Registered
Seems the cause of bad power supply if u have some knowledge about electrnoics just change the capisotrs 16V/1000uf and 10v/1000uf if u dont know then forget this reply

Thanks for reply I have knowledge about electronics but alireza there is no 16v/1000uf and 10v/1000uf I see four 35v/1000uf capacitor ! should I change them ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for reply I have knowledge about electronics but alireza there is no 16v/1000uf and 10v/1000uf I see four 35v/1000uf capacitor ! should I change them ?

It wont hurt to change them mate, any signs of leakage or buldging ?

Full power supplies can be had on ebay but im not 100% sure it is the PSU though symptoms could also be linked with CPU failure.

arashkhaan

Registered
It wont hurt to change them mate, any signs of leakage or buldging ?

Full power supplies can be had on ebay but im not 100% sure it is the PSU though symptoms could also be linked with CPU failure.

Ferret I don't see signs of leakage but I don't have any voltage on output terminal which goes for hard and dvd drives !!

arashkhaan

Registered
alireza there are some capacitors on board :
10v-2200uf
25v-330uf
10v-1000uf
16v-100uf
35v-1000uf
250-220uf
35v-47uf
25v-47uf

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Kind of sounds like the Power Supply then.

arashkhaan

Registered
The 8000 has separate power supply I think is good idea to change some capacitors and see the result !!
maybe I change all capacitors I don't know but it has 14 wires go to motherboard and 4 other goes to drives do you know any supply unit the same as 8000 except 7025+ ???

aliraza63

Registered
The 8000 has separate power supply I think is good idea to change some capacitors and see the result !!
maybe I change all capacitors I don't know but it has 14 wires go to motherboard and 4 other goes to drives do you know any supply unit the same as 8000 except 7025+ ???
u can see whether the supply has swelled capictors or leaked. its an senstive matter try to check supply out put volts as u r telling it seems 5 volts are missing some where

arashkhaan

Registered
well I changed all capacitors but no change at all everything is the same as before the power switch turn on and off but no lcd or anything else !!! everything is dead ! what about BIOS ? any idea

Last edited: