A8P Security SIM

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
Just got one of these sim cards for my clone 800SE enables you to use original images drivers and bootloaders,just flashed the latest newnigma2-unstable-dm800se-21_10_2012 works well,plus i have flashed a few of the earlier original images to check it was ok,no more NO CA ERROR :D

nacer1963

Just got one of these sim cards for my clone 800SE enables you to use original images drivers and bootloaders,just flashed the latest newnigma2-unstable-dm800se-21_10_2012 works well,plus i have flashed a few of the earlier original images to check it was ok,no more NO CA ERROR :D

Thank you for the info,

Is that you try the new images oe 2.0 ?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
yes and i tried the OoZooN-Image-dm800se-20121015 aswell this is also OE2

fankoosh

Super Moderator
good news m8 , could u tell us the right procedure to replace & flash ur box with new sim A8P

Magi123

good news m8 , could u tell us the right procedure to replace & flash ur box with new sim A8P
I did like this
installed release OE1.6 original image
exclude the box
replaced with ferrari sim A8P/power box
inserted via your browser ssl84 nfi original / restartbox
Now I put image DDDemoni OE 2.0, all ok:)
the usb (BA) can inject image with OE1.6 and OE 2.0 If the flash image OE 2.0

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
ny original sim in my clone 800SE was sim 2.1.0 i flashed the OE2 Ozoon latest image with sim 2.1.0 inserted when it finished i removed the sim and inserted the new A8P sim and it just booted fine,but i had a problem because i left my tripple tuner inside and it would not pick up any channels on a scan,i changed the tune back to a single BCM4505 DVB-S2 and now it works fine flashed old origianl OE 1.6 images straight from the web browser and done online updates with no probs on the Nemesis2.6-dm800se-e2-OE(1.6)-SVN(107r5, now i have the latest newnigma image running.

i am gonna have a play with some more images today and i will post reports back on this thread.

saty

Wierd that you have to switch tuners, first time i read about problems with 3/1 sunray tuners in combination with the a8p sim, some shops even ship sr-4 with this sim..

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Well the sr4 is a Chinese development so hardly surprising when you flash a Original DMM image it is not recognize.

There is a compatible sr4 driver been worked on.

saty

It cannot scan thats another story then not recognized :)

As far as i know no special drivers are required for the triple tuner, it uses the bcm 4505 alps driver.

dyna

brummie , can you tell us were you picked this up please!
also will these work in the dm8000?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
It cannot scan thats another story then not recognized :)

As far as i know no special drivers are required for the triple tuner, it uses the bcm 4505 alps driver.

What ever way you want to look at it, it is not supported in original images with original drive, dmm don't make this tuner the Chinese do, The tuner will see a signal but not scan.

They may be a work around, but there is a driver been worked on for oe2.0 images.

The a8p sim manufactures never said it was sr4 compatible so we need to wait for external support.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
installed Dream-Elite-3.0-dm800se-Ver(010)_18-03-2012-21-56 and done a full online update then went to Genuine Dreambox plugin and run that,all is good.

saty

What ever way you want to look at it, it is not supported in original images with original drive, dmm don't make this tuner the Chinese do, The tuner will see a signal but not scan.

There many people with this sim and a triple sunray tuner who are having no problems with signal/scanning.

There is no official a8p support and the workarround is to properly advanced config the tuner ;)

oys

Well Known Member
Map of the A&P since the month of June and no problems, read the information your receiver and SIM card .

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
There many people with this sim and a triple sunray tuner who are having no problems with signal/scanning.

There is no official a8p support and the workarround is to properly advanced config the tuner ;)

Yeah i know they will have a8p never said they supported the sr4 triple tuner there is a reason for that. They officially support the 800SE and 500HD both of those scan fine.

There is a driver been worked on.

saty

Yea repeat the same nonsense over and over again until it gets true....

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yea repeat the same nonsense over and over again until it gets true....

It's fact that the only 2 models supported are 800SE and 500HD

The sr4 can use the sim as it is basically a 800SE with triple tuner but there is no trial triple tuner driver available as of yet. As you rightly pointed out the tuner can be setup in advanced mode as a work around just like when the sr4 tuner first hit the market.

Like this although this was for DVBC

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=221304

Im not sure why you say this in nonsence.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
brummie , can you tell us were you picked this up please!
also will these work in the dm8000?

You will have to google dyna it would be unfair to our forum sponsor to direct you to other dealers.

There is no support yet for the DM8000 clone just the 800SE and the 500HD

saty

The sr4 can use the sim as it is basically a 800SE with triple tuner but there is no trial triple tuner driver available as of yet.

Im not sure why you say this in nonsence.

Ah confusion, you are talking about the trial tuner i did not realize :confused:

Course Brummie never mentioned he tried the trial tuner with a dmm image, i thought he used the normal adv config only..

Thats no-nonsence from you :) trial tuner is not supported indeed,
the current trial releases are buggy for specially PLi based images causing lockups other work fine OE1.6.