DM500 Clone No connection with RS232 DreamUp after JTAG flashing

nefer

Registered
I have a problem with my clone DM500s. I had famous adios amigos problem. Then I flashed a boatloader with JTAG by parallel port with Dm500JtagAIO. It is an alps tuner so I flashed the alps version boatloader. Everything goes ok. Then i disconnect the JTAG and power it up again. But i cannot connect with DreamUp by serial cable. I have the correct null model cable and i also tried several dreamup version. I tried the latest version and also 1.2.1.5 and one special for dm500 DreamUp500.exe. No succes. The green led is on when i power it up, but nothing reacts.

I do the correct order of first clicking connect and then power up the dreambox.
Please help what is the problem here???

nefer

Registered
I tried with another null modem cable, same result. I checked the cable connections with a multimeter, it was ok.

What else can be wrong?

niceguy0331

Registered
sorry mate.. donno how to address that problem anymore rather than to get a new box. can be the hardware that is buggered now. anw, it's not that bad price if you look around for a clone one nowadays. try eagle

nefer

Registered
Can it be that i have a DM500s plus and that it needs a different boatloader? And I assume that DreamUp does automatically the settings for the serial port. So i dont have to do it myself in the windows control panel, i mean setting the baudrate to 115200 etc. is this correct or must i do the settings manually?

stualdo

Registered
done something similiar my self uploaded a gw image and now get no signal cannot even ftp dunno wot to do been looking around but no feedback

ig0r

Administrator
DM 500 and DM500+ is a different models!
And SW from 500+ to 500 no need upload :)

1. question for you - What windows version are you have?

patelkaushikp

Registered
also u did proper jtag ?

if yes means when u done jtag connected same time rs232 cable

2 --- 3
3 --- 2
5 --- 5

& used Dreamup patched