Media on HDD

dktn

Registered
i have clone Dm800 bl 72. i connect it to internal hdd. i want to make Dm800 become mediaplayer center it means dm can play file i copy on HDD(mkv, avi, mp4 jpg, mp3 file. Or when i record ts file change other file fo example avi file. Please tell me what image can be use and plug in? Hơ to resolve it, method to do?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
In theory it should play mkv, MP3 files but AVI or Divx will not play with a standard 800 as the formats are not supported. You can configure VLC to play MP4 and divx but i have never done this.

As far as the recording output ts is all you get.

Ferret

dktn

Registered
Hi Ferret
It means video output only ts file so far? VLC that you say is plugin on Dm800 or programme on computer?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Ferret
It means video output only ts file so far? VLC that you say is plugin on Dm800 or programme on computer?

Here is a guide to play Divx with VLC, ive had this a while but never found the time to try. This should stream it tfrom PC to 800

Credits to daki for the guide

Hi,

Did a bit of digging around trying to get DM800 to play divx and finally got it working, so I'll briefly include what I did for people that might be interested. Not sure if it will work on other boxes or if anyone else wrote up one up. So here it is:
Install latest VLC Player - with full instead of standard or custom settings.
Upon completion, go to your desktop icon click right button and go to propreties.
In Target field it should say something like this "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" so go to the end of the line and add following text: --intf wxwin --extraintf=http
So the complete line looks like: "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --intf wxwin --extraintf=http
Run your VLC and minimize it
Now go to your box, press GREEN button to get into plug in menu and click on VLC plug in.
Creating a server by clicking GREEN buttons, or edit current with YELLOW buttons, and these are the options I had:
Server Name: Wotever
Enter VLC-Server as FQDN or IP-Address: IP-ADDRESS
Server Address: put in ur address 192.168.0.23
HTTP Port: 08080 (Default)
Movie Directory: f:/ (this is on my network drive, yours might be different, e.g. c:,d:, wotever).
DVD Device: didn't worry about
Transcode MPEG/DVD Video: YES
Video Codec: MPEG2
Video Bitrate: 2000 is default, play around with it untill ur happy with the resolution.
Video Resolution: Same deal, adjust untill you like the result
Everything else can stay default, only audio I've change to mp3 and that was it.
Once server is set up, press GREEN button to confirm the changes.
Click on the server, and you should be in directory specified, choose a movie and play it.

That's about it I think. So if you have any improvement tips or anything you can add feel free.
If you successfully streamed to PC on dm800 let me know .

cheers
daki