db 500s the green light comes on for 5 min then goes awa

izzypoo

Registered
db 500s the green light comes on for 5 min then goes away, nothing comes on my tv, and i tried dreamup so many versions, i used a null modem cable, and nothing doesnt even recognize the db. anyone got some suggestions?

GizmoPower

It´s 99% chance that youre power supplie is gone!
I changed mine twice now!
Just buy a 2-4 Amp at youre local electro shop.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
First try another power supply! If not can you remember the IP of your DM ? If so try Flashwizard to re-flash it. If you don't remember the IP use the search function in DCC to try find it.

What was the last image you had on it?

Ferret

izzypoo

Registered
ok thanks i'll try different power supply, but this all happened after i used flashwizard, it hung up at 84%, then i shut it off, now it wont come on, green light comes on 5-10 mins then goes out, red light for audio stays on, it was a pli image last on there, now nothing is on my screen(Black).
tried DCC and it wont find my box, hmmm?
i also tried the old ip and it says it cant connect.
dreamup also dont recognize it.
tried like 5 different versions.
i do all the right steps like turning box on after i press connect on dreamup and it just hangs on( connection prepared now switch on dreambox!)
it cant be my cable cause i use that to load other boxes.

thanks for the reply guys,
hopefully we can figure it out.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
press connect in dreamup then insert the power lead, if you do not see the status bar fill up, disconect the power lead and start dreamup again, i have know this to happen, just keep trying it, also use the latest dreamup.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Get yourself another power supply first mate or at least get your old one tested. When we know you have a good power supply we can help you sort the rest out.

Chances are DreamUp is going to work first time with a new supply.

Ferret