How to install cccam on SifTeam r8728 for ABcom ipbox 900hd

zoylord

Registered
Hi all
I've just installed the new SifTeam r8728 with a usb pen and Uboot 1.3.3 and everything is going more than perfect :thum:, can anybody help me step by step to install and configure cccam.
thanks alot :clapping:

Last edited:

Ghooler

Registered
there is no cccam emu for 900hd, all you can do is install incubus camd which can connect to cccam servers- at least it is supposed to, it never worked for me.

you can do that from the panel on sifteam images.

Bro1

all you can do is install incubus camd which can connect to cccam servers- at least it is supposed to, it never worked for me.

it works ok for me

card_server_url_0=cccam://user server give u:password server give [email protected]ess:your port

servers configuration

card_server_url_0=cccam://user server give u:password server give u@the .server .address:server port

zoylord

Registered
It worked and these are the steps

First I used the ABcom ipbox 900hd with SifTeam r8728 which I have done it with the pen stick using Uboot 1.3.3.
1- Your device should be powered on and connected to the internet through the Ethernet connection at the back.
2- You click the RED button on the Remote control once
3- Then click the RED button again on the Remote control
4- Click the BLUE button (online) and wait until "Sif install online-loading" is finished
5- Choose CAM_incubusCamd-0.50.online
6- Install it and wait until "Package:CAM_incubusCamd-0.50: installed
7- Then with an FTP prog connect to your receiver in my case I choose DCC.
8- Enter the path var/bin
9- You will find a file named incubusCamd.conf
10- Right click the file and edit it
11- Scroll down to the [Prov:FF00] section
12- You will find this line
Card_server_url_0=cccam://<username>:<password>@<hostname>:<port>
13- enter your data and don't write < > I mean write it in this form Card_server_url_0ccam://username:password@hostname:port
14- scroll down to the [Servers] section
15- you will find the same line edit it the same way
16- save your file after you finish
17- copy the incubusCamd.conf, and incubusCamd.prio and past them in ./etc and also in var/keys
18- Exit every thing and click the RED button.
19- click the BLUE button " SETCAM"
20- Click start cam.
and this is every thing i know hope it works with you all i've written it in details as much as i can, if there is any question feel free and happy new year.:thum:

Ghooler

Registered
The question is : does it work with wan servers? and should there be any specific setting on the server?

maybe that's why it didn't work for me (i am using wan server and i don't have access to its configuration).

igalj

Registered
cccam

hi all
i did step 1-16 in zoylord steps

in step 17 icant copy the file into etc

i am use in dcc

wate can i do ?

sorry bed English
thanks alot

zoylord

Registered
Well when you try copying it to etc you will not find it in the folder but you should see it proceeding the copy and this is what's important,.....hmm i guess the etc folder is unchangeable

alexis

Registered
thanks zoylord
tryed the steps myself, but no result...
i did 2 things differently maybe thats it...
1. did not use uboot while downloading the image with the usb stick
2. in step5 couldnt find CAM_incubusCamd-0.50 so i downloaded the -0.55 version

really want to get the box working so can it be not using uboot? the incubuscamd version? :mecry:

thanks in advance

alexis

Registered
worked like magic

dont know how, but after rebooting for a couple of times it just worked
thanks zoylord :thum::clapping::thum::clapping:

zoylord

Registered
thanks zoylord
tryed the steps myself, but no result...
i did 2 things differently maybe thats it...
1. did not use uboot while downloading the image with the usb stick
2. in step5 couldnt find CAM_incubusCamd-0.50 so i downloaded the -0.55 version

really want to get the box working so can it be not using uboot? the incubuscamd version? :mecry:

thanks in advance
alexis
- regarding not using uboot this is no problem! as far as your image is working!!
- you didn't find CAM_incubusCamd-0.50.online !!! what image are you using??
By the way i've done the same with SifTeam 0.1.9 r8873 image and CAM_incubusCamd-0.55 and it's much more stable.

alexis

Registered
thanks zoylord

i was using the same image u were using, sif r8728 anyways it worked for me... whenever its connected it works perfectly the only problem is when u reboot sometimes it just doesnt connect...
i guess thats what u mean when u say its not stable...

i tryed what ur 20 steps after tryig 15 images, from cli to nlb nothing worked... didnt sleep a lot before ether, never thought i would have this box running but i did thanks to u !!!:thum::yourock::bravo:wer:

dude thanks

egholm

Registered
Hallo
If i dosent connect just press green button to stop the cam, then pres it again to start the cam, it usualy helps.