Best Image for ET5000

driftwood1212

Registered
Hello everyone,

I was hoping if someone tried different images for ET5000 and can post the ones that worked nicely for them and explain why :)

Thanks for your input.

georgeflu

Registered
there are two ways in et receivers software.
the one is openpli and the other one is o.e alliance.

than there are a lot of images which are based in one of the above. for example the satdreamgr image which is refered above,is openpli based (you can call it pli+) and the openxta image,is o.e alliance based.

driftwood1212

Registered
Thank you George for your input. I have been trying different images, openPli and openvix are the ones I am currently switching between.

Are there any major differences between the two standard images ? openpli and oe alliance

georgeflu

Registered
until at some point there was only the openpli. than some teams decide to make something of their own and drive the development of software with a different way.(so i think there aren't big changes between them). how many and what are these differences i do not know and i can not say, most of them aren't visible. maybe hardware support,maybe something else. both of them are open,and the support is daily. the openvix is a member of o.e alliance.
you can find both teams open code in their git.
as a conclusion i would like to say that i tried all of them (and a few which do not support xtrend any more) in my et9000 and i found all of them very good. the reason for that is the receivers kernel (3.8.7) which helps in support. so the image selection is done at most with what is more practical for everyone.
personaly i am using now satdreamgr image.its a pli based + many tools and plugins which i find useful.