7100S stuck on "Loading", not power supply error

Viking61

Registered
I bought a 7100S second hand, and I knew already that it was not working. When you turn it on, it only shows "Loading" on the display and is stuck there. In addition to that the red light behind the Vantage name is blinking.

I thought it was the Power Supply that was making trouble, like so many others have experienced. I have now got a new Power Supply from Vantage, but the problem is still the same.

Does any of you know what else can cause this kind of problem, or is it just to throw it in the garbage?

bjalle

Registered
try a firmware upgrade via comport,else you must send it to vantage germany,possible a (free)repair.

grf

Registered
I've just fixed the same problem with a stuck "LOADING R13"; my new 7100 ST failed just after 24 hours I bought it!! the problem was an defective SMT ferrite bead mounted on the mainboard used to EMI filter 5V main supply.

I've just bypassed it and now STB works fine:nana::nana::nana::nana:

Last edited:

Viking61

Registered
Wow, how did you manage to locate the problem?

I ended up sending mine to Germany for repair, and it was fixed for free.

grf

Registered
Just a tester, some experience and a bit of fortune:thum:

More in technical detail I noticed the 5V very low (around 2,5V); I was sure it had to be 5V because it was connected to USB connector too, then following the main current path I've found the broken component!

Last edited:

Faetter BR

Registered
Just a tester, some experience and a bit of fortune:thum:

More in technical detail I noticed the 5V very low (around 2,5V); I was sure it had to be 5V because it was connected to USB connector too, then following the main current path I've found the broken component!

I know it's an old topic but maybe You can remember where it is and point me to it , as I am having the same fault on my Globo.

Best regeards

Faetter BR

:mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:

gemelli47

Registered
I've just fixed the same problem with a stuck "LOADING R13"; my new 7100 ST failed just after 24 hours I bought it!! the problem was an defective SMT ferrite bead mounted on the mainboard used to EMI filter 5V main supply.

I've just bypassed it and now STB works fine:nana::nana::nana::nana:

I understand that you're from Italy -Genoa's flag- so I will proceed in Italian. If you are not, please excuse and tell if I have to re-post in English.

Ho avuto il tuo stesso problema, ma dopo alcuni anni di "onorato servizio" del decoder, per questo ho vagato sui vari forum finchè ho visto la tua soluzione.
Credo di aver capito che un nucleo su ferrite è guasto e mangia tensione.

Saresti così cortese da:

1. indicarmi con fotografia il componente incriminato;

2. indicarmi dove reperire un sostituto adeguato;

3. se il componente può tranquillamente essere cortocircuitato
senza compromettere il funzionamento del decoder.

Ti ringrazio anticipatamente

Ciao
Buone feste (spero non in ritardo).