Oscam-emu can not start.

3satbox

Registered
You mean to do it in windows and then send it to my box via ftp??! It doesn't make any sense... but if this is how it works))

sent using taptalk

ro_54

Registered
I use dream control center to connect to the box, so i can access the files in the box. the same way you load new oscam file.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
OScam dont work beginning r11508
@ usr/lib I've got libcrypto.so.1.0.2
should I change it to 0.9.8 to be able to use the newest oscam-emu or what?!

P.S.: if this is coming soon

maybe I'll wait for the update..?

If you put the libcrypto 0.9.8 in /usr/lib, is sure that oscam will start.
It is linked with that version of library.

3satbox

Registered
If you put the libcrypto 0.9.8 in /usr/lib, is sure that oscam will start.
It is linked with that version of library.
Ok. Thank you for the guide! One last Q though)) *sorry* Reading this thread I thought I have to change the attribute to the "libcrypto.so.098" @ usr/lib/ , but in your tutorial you are changing the oscam bin file attribute.
So, to clearing things up (to me) , I just copy the lib thing 0.9.8 and leave it there, while changing the new oscam bin attribute?

sent using taptalk

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
In the same way you change attribute for oscam, you should change the attributes for libcrypto.

Restart the receiver and oscam will start

^G@w@in^

Registered
I think we are missing the point here, we are just adding old files to make things work.
If the devs for Oscam do this just because people have old STB's then things are not moving forward.
Stop Oscam 1.20 and start a new branch and move forward.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
From some of the last version, the oscam emu need libcryto because of some crypt function which are at openssl incuding libcryto.

So the libcryto of oscam need the same version of it which is found in the image. but diffrent images has diffrent libcrypto version.

The best think to do is to build the oscam with static libcrypto but this cause that oscam increase the capacity, this is not good in some old receivers with low flash memory.

Oscam is open source, so everybody can build oscam according to their preference. We are giving idea and advice.

^G@w@in^

Registered
I build Oscam for my server no problem but like others when you cross compile the problems come in because it need old libs which none of the latest images have.

To me adding old libs and symbolic linking them is just a bodge.

nautilus7

VIP
This is not entirely true.

Some images still use old libraries, that's why juli13 is compiling against old openssl versions (0.9.8).

Most images use newer openssl version 1.0.2 though.

In a perfect world we could have different binaries compiled with old and new openssl versions, but I think juli13 is already doing enough for the users.

^G@w@in^

Registered
Trust me I am not complaining and what you guys do is appreciated but 0.9.8 is now 14 years old.

At some point it must reach end of life support.

nautilus7

VIP
Yeah, I didn't notice that it was that old... But it was very popular and got maintained until 2015.

The same will happen with openssl 1.0.2 which will reach end of life soon (end of 2019).
Almost all enigma2 images are based on OpenEmbedded 2.0 which contains openssl 1.0.2.
Updating OE is a pain in the ass, so not likely to happen by most teams, unless they absolutely have to.

Anyway, I am 100% for using whatever newer versions we can, but sometimes this is not possible.

Last edited:

lakipa

Registered
so can we have please the latest 11517 version corrected for modern images?

i have openpli7 with openssl 1.02k and all these versions after 11509 are incompatible for me

only this static libcrypto version is ok

https://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2036996649&postcount=39

can you update mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu compile either with 1.static libcrypto or

2. dynamic versions modern openssl compatible

what's the meaning here and on streamboard forum for uploaders to upload version only with dynamic link for an old ssl and not both versions for older and newer images separetely?

3satbox

Registered
I really don't understand why is this happening since r11508, but anyway
@lakipa
the answer is a few posts before, place in your box the old libs and you are done!

sent using taptalk

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
This is not entirely true.

Some images still use old libraries, that's why juli13 is compiling against old openssl versions (0.9.8).

Most images use newer openssl version 1.0.2 though.

In a perfect world we could have different binaries compiled with old and new openssl versions, but I think juli13 is already doing enough for the users.

I just checked the version of libcrypto that I have on my VU Ultimo4K and it is the 1.0.2 version so I guess that I am no longer able to use oscam-emu on that box or my Gigablue Quad 4k box.
I run OpenPli 7.

3satbox

Registered
Guys are you kidding or what?! Most of us use opli, that's why I don't understand why the revision 11508 became the turning point...
but the instructions and all the necessary files can be found here in this thread (!)

sent using taptalk

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I did try to install libcrypto 0.98 on my ultimo 4k but it would not install.

From what I have read, my receiver needs a different type of libcrypto but it isn't compatible with the latest oscam-emu versions.