LACUNA/WOLSEY METER FILES

mdt

VIP
for @BRUMMIE

heres the loader file, dataset editor and the latest mem file(which is old and will need editing) for anyone who needs to update there meter. regards mdt

N.B. to all members be carefull when using this software as mistakes can render your meter useless.

Last edited:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
here is a later satloader and a later dataset

before anyone starts downloading these files and killing there meters,the files are for these type meters in the pics below

scoob1

Registered
hi, thanks for the files. Long time since I needed to do a dish and hotbird has changed
thanks

icum

Registered
thank you. it's been a while since i done a dish and thease file came in handy. :thum:

MCSW

Registered
Thanks for these guys.

I will be downloading and seeing if I can use these on my DSM IV to extend it's useful life. :thum:

pace508

Registered
how can I update my MK2 lacuna, my new pc does not have serial port,i have thought about buying usb to serial adaptor anyone know if this will work

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
the red one in the pic above the loader prog gives a virtual com port when you plug in your usb cable

Abu Baniaz

Registered
I have the red version, it does not boot. The display just flashes. Does anyone have a copy of the hex file please so I can try and reflash it.

Also, could someone confirm whetehr they should have 8 or 6 batteries in the pack.

Thanks

Last edited:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
LACUNA/WOLSEY don't exist anymore there is a guy in the isle of wight that fixes them,it just cost me £80 for a new tuner board for mine.

I will PM his email address and name you could ask him

Martinjr

Registered
I have the yellow one; I think it is MK 4.It shows manufacture date 04.Original Battery pack (8)gave a lot of problems.The pack takes a 12 volt charge and as each rechargeable battery is 1.2 you need 8 to make up the 12v.There are a couple of other forums where problems with the original battery packs are discussed. The main problem is/was that the pack required constant charging as the batteries continued to discharge once they remained in the meter, even when it was switched of. That problem may now be resolved. Battery pack from Wolsey/Lacuna and others are v. expensive but it seems you can make up your own pack with Nimh rechargeable 2500 or 2700mAh batteries.

pace508

Registered
Hi Brummie
I emailed the guy about my lacuna meter, the emails have been received but not a word from him, looks like it time for a new meter

pace508

Registered
I am giving up on my mk2 and thinking of buying mk4, what software is needed to program this version to keep up to date

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
you can use the prog in this thread but lacuna/wolsey meters are not made anymore, if I was you I would look for a recent type with plenty of support

Digitaltvbbc

Registered
LACUNA/WOLSEY don't exist anymore there is a guy in the isle of wight that fixes them,it just cost me £80 for a new tuner board for mine.

I will PM his email address and name you could ask him
I think the guy you refer to used to work for Lacuna I spoke to him a few times on the phone and e-mail a few years ago - Lacuna manufacturing left the isle due to ROHS electronic regs and was being distributed by CPC - I think the guy was used as tech support. If you dont mind I would appreciate his e-mail Im missing a cable for one of my Lacuna meters and he may be able to help