Black Ultra LNB + Technomate dish

TheSamoyed

Donating Member
I have a Inverto Black Ultra LNB connected to a 97cm Technomate dish.

Does anyone know whether the lnb should be pushed to the front of the holder or in the middle, at the back etc? The lnb is quite long so not sure where it should sit exactly.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
My Inverto Black Ultra LNB sits a little less than half-way in the LNB holder
too close = too much gain no quality
too far = not enuff gain no quality

sitting around middle of holder is giving you best gain but dont be afraid to twist LNB around holder a bit especially on weak freq's to obtain the best possible gain on all sats
when setting up a dish i would use 0.8 WEST THOR Nova Sport HD 1w freq 11843 v 30000sr Fec 3/4 DVB S2 8PSK
IT is encrypted channel but if you can get signal upto 65-70% on this then you have your lnb peaked to the best possible signal all round ..this works for me and you know your dish is set up really well if you can get it .
have a go and let us know how your getting on it maybbe a little trial and effort but hopefully you will succeed .
Good luck : )
-
Barney2222
to obtain the very best signal

TheSamoyed

Donating Member
I'll give it a try shortly. I do have a proper meter so can connect it and keep moving it slightly to see what's best although it's the holder is very tight and it's quite tough to move the lnb along it.

If I was to try setting my dish up again using 1 West what should my motor sit at when it's at 1 west? My longitude is 4.4 West.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
What motor do you have ??
Every Disecq motor setting is different what works for me wont work for you , you need to know your LAT/Long ..

the Latitude is the important one mine is 55° North
so on my motor is set at 55' & 35' on the other side on the markings on my Technomate motor and dish markings is set at 22'
the best way to be totally certain is stick a sat meter on your LNB and take your dish around to 1 west then peak your signals and lock dish east-west bracket when your on 1 west
then fine tune untill 1 west is peaked at its best signal then use your sat box to drive around checking signals ,
i hope my very ruff guide will be of some help to you .
cheers .
-
Barney2222

TheSamoyed

Donating Member
I have a dark motor, the one with the led display.

I am at 55.5n, 4.45w. If I was to set it up again facing 1w would I do it with the motor at 0 or something else?

What you have mentioned is basically what I did when I first set it up but I am convinced that over time it's moved slightly.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
your lat/long isnt too far different from mine then for sure
no its correct motor set at zero is right its maybbe just dish elevation thats changed with wind probably
your motor markings should be at 55 & 35 just like mine
dark motor is pretty similar to Technomate motors anyhow both are disecq .
Best way is to put a sat meter on it get signal back again on 1w and then you can adjust lnb untill everything is back perfect again .
im sure it'll not take too long to perfect your set up once again .
good luck : )