indb6v008 image format hdd problem

jud1255

Registered
hi anybody suggest how to format hdd as when initializing / formatting harddisk sticks at 3% . therefor ipbox does not see harddive to enable recording etc
thanks 4 looking jud

daxv8

Registered
Hi Jud,

I had issues with reformating using a new image and only got round this by Telnet to the box using DCC and using formate the HDD . Do a DF list and you should see your drive make sure .

Good luck

giopet

Registered
hi anybody suggest how to format hdd as when initializing / formatting harddisk sticks at 3% . therefor ipbox does not see harddive to enable recording etc
thanks 4 looking jud

Blue button/image setup/mount manager/green button/mount hdd

giopet

Registered
Have you a folder movie in Media/HDD?It´s importent,without this movie folder,the HDD was not found.

Last edited:

giopet

Registered
Then try with blue button/image setup/hdd format/green button/blue button and then onesmore with Blue button/image setup/mount manager/green button/mount hdd and look then if it work

jud1255

Registered
update.
spent hrs last night n this morning tried all ways known to me,image installed is indb6v008, previous to instaling this image hdd etc was all good.
installed dcc v 296
tellnet, ftp connected, enigma 2 detected.
TOOLS,
memory info shows, root 20mb used total 20mb. USB NOT FOUND. cf not found, HDD NOT FOUND
UPDATE FLASH IMAGE dead
TELNETT mount, run hdd , hdd failed no such file or directory. done
umount run cant umount invalid argument done
Format run cannot create dir hdd/movie:file exist done.
FTP shows hdd as media/hdd
and mount as / media
I have tried to reinstall dgs r13759 via USB UPGRADE using file usb_update.img receiver freezes does nothing, have to reboot i tried again via flash tools nothing and tried via dcc nothing.
CANNOT REFLASH i have usb sticks i have usb to usb cable and also connected via router
where do i go from here ?
any ideas
thanks jud

daxv8

Registered
You using flash tool 1.02 usb cable to reflash the box with a new image .
I had all sorts of issues changing between images E1 to NLB and went back to my original image and hard disk worked fine .

jud1255

Registered
You using flash tool 1.02 usb cable to reflash the box with a new image .
I had all sorts of issues changing between images E1 to NLB and went back to my original image and hard disk worked fine .
yes flash v1.02 as well as usb stick i previously had no problems using iether untill i put this indb6v008 now its proper stuck .

jud1255

Registered
Actually no i have not, i will keep that in mind as a last resort. Thanks, i had not realised that was an option.
cheers jud

dirtydogs

Registered
having the same problem with my HDD after installing SIF 13791. Have not found any solution to the problem.

Dickie

jud1255

Registered
hdd

ive chaucked f---- on mine for the time being , i did the factory reset and that did nothing ,
i think POSSIBLY it could be an issue regards xp and win 7 as ive had similar problems with other things eg memory cards, pc hdd's not being recognised by each other .
my first images was flashed using xp pro and this latest image was flashed using win 7.
ill try again in a couple of weeks with xp when ive more time.

daxv8

Registered
Hi,

This is the same problem as I had when moving to differnt images . HDD issues . The only way is to format using Telnet rather than using the image to format . I have end back on my original image after a lot of work and found the first image was best ! BMT image is fast and no crashes

Cheers