Technomate 5403 Connecting to IP Network Drive?!?!

iKeys

Registered
In the USB Up/Down/FileManager, you can create a network drive..
You have the option of connecting to an IP address? How does this work?? What can you connect too? Can you connect to an external file server?? NFS or SAMBA etc??

digi247

Registered
its so you can connect to shared drive for transferring back and forth Channel lists, IPTV lists, softcam keys you cannot playback media files this way

iKeys

Registered
Can you give me an example of what and how i connect to things.. I've tried entering in valid ips on my windows machines and it doesnt work.. Does it need to be a linux server or *** or something?

digi247

Registered
You need to setup a shared folder on one of your windows machines and simply name the folder something like 5402 then enter the IP address of said machine into the 5402 receiver

iKeys

Registered
You need to setup a shared folder on one of your windows machines and simply name the folder something like 5402 then enter the IP address of said machine into the 5402 receiver

I always seem to get CONNECTION FAILED. Any tricks?? Anyone actually verify this works?

LoveMyDish

Registered
Well, i hope this message finds you. The answer to your question is STBdaemon download the latest version which is 3.04

STBDaemon_304.zip‎

You install this on a windows computer and select the folder you want to share. You can then use the technomate to connect to the IP address of the PC running the STBdaemon.

You cannot write via the INFO button. So, let's say you want to get a copy of the channel backup. Use the INFO button and upload file to your memory stick, then use MENU button, and choose copy, then Select change drive to the Network Drive (Yellow Button) and then click MENU button and choose Paste. Then it will paste the file to the network drive. :thum:

Last edited: