best image for et9000???

white_westie

Donating Member
Just upgraded from openAAF 1.0 (after a year) to openAAF 2.0 and not liking it yet. Currently running openVIX bld627 and what I use seems to be okay.
Worth a look.

WW

grimm70

Registered
Just upgraded from openAAF 1.0 (after a year) to openAAF 2.0 and not liking it yet. Currently running openVIX bld627 and what I use seems to be okay.
Worth a look.

WW

Im using openAAF 2.0 and like it a lot. But i have not used openAAF 1.0. Can you please tell what you didn't like in openAAF 2.0 compered to openAAF 1.0. And how is openVix compered to openAAF 2.0.

white_westie

Donating Member
Grimm70

No real problems with openAAF2.
Only updated image because I wanted to see how ondemand plugin worked, and therefore had to got to a open-alliance based image.
When I put on openAAF got too many gs, and had some issues with media player, so flashed openVIX and things seem to be working okay.
More importantly the other half liked the default vix skin, so I left it installed.
Anyway since all OE2 images are built from the same core, the only differences are generally look and feel, and that's personal.

I use my stb as an nfs server in the house for tv recordings and I use a Sony dvb-t usb tuner to pick up local tv, as well as osc*m to read tn*sa* card, so am still testing if all works and is stable.
Will keep an eye on openAAF as well.

WW

balosh

Registered
best image for et 9000hd

OpenHDF Nightly is the best image for et9x00hd having on line flashing and much much more