3D Channels on Solo2

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
Hello all

i was trying watching 3D channels today and i had a little problem that was solved.

Sky 3D and Canal+ 3D are broadcasted in the side-by-side format and u have to switch on the 3D mode of ur TV and select the side-by-side mode and then u will see the only 1 picture but in 3D.

to be able to do that the Video mode in the AV settings should be 720p or higher.

the Video mode 576i will NOT allow the TV to recognize the side-by-side format...and so u cant watch 3D image

Image: BH 1.7.9-3
TV : LG-3D TV
autoresolution was OFF when i tried that

tested on Sky 3D on HB, Astra and Canal+ 3D on HB, Astra

enjoy :)

[0_o]

Registered
But that's is normal @isenguard!
3D is a full HD broadcast and only make seen to watch it in 1080i/p resolution, or, ate least, 720p, like you said :)

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
i know that....but a lot of ppl set the AV mode to 576i to ensure relatively good SD picture quality ( am one of them).

so this post s sthg like "Warning and reminding post" for ppl who may not know or have a complaint that 3D s not working and would start attacking the image or the box :)

btw the HD channels work perfectly with a very good quality even if u had the mode at 576i ( and here the confusion could arise when it comes to 3D)

jrbmw

Registered
If the a/v mode is set to 576i.. what resolution do you get when the broadcast is 1080i?I set mine to 1080 and when the resolution is lower it automatically adjusts the resolution down

[0_o]

Registered
i know that....but a lot of ppl set the AV mode to 576i to ensure relatively good SD picture quality ( am one of them).

so this post s sthg like "Warning and reminding post" for ppl who may not know or have a complaint that 3D s not working and would start attacking the image or the box :)

btw the HD channels work perfectly with a very good quality even if u had the mode at 576i ( and here the confusion could arise when it comes to 3D)

Ah!! I see now ;)
I mainly watch HD content, so I always use 1080p resolution ;)

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
i tested 576i, 720p, 1080i and 1080p modes.

the resolution is adjusted automatically when u move from a resolution to another ...u will get 1920 * 1080 for an HD channel even if the mode is set to 576i

the only problem is the 3D channels
at 576i the resolution is shown to be 1820 * 1080 but when u press the 3D button of ur TV u cant see the side-by-side option..so no 3D view ( it only works with modes 720p or higher )

maybe we need a professional AV engineering point of view :)