Choice of image

skybandit

Registered
OPENATV

Which forum do I post in regarding OPENATV?

I've recently bought a Technomate box with Openatv v6.2 installed and it's stuck on bootup.

WaRp

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Staff member
Administrator
I moved it to the correct section
did you try to flashing the image again?

skybandit

Registered
Open ATV

I have only just got the system and do not know how to flash the image.

Will do so if I come across a guide.

WaRp

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Staff member
Administrator
how to help you when you still do not mention the model from your box :D

skybandit

Registered
I have just bought an Enigma2 box and am trying to understand how things work regarding images... How can I tell which images I can use? Is it limited by the hardware I use - I have a Technomate TM-NANO 2.

Does the image come with its own version of Enigma? I'd like to try something apart from OpenATV, but don't know if I can fully restore the system if I break something.

As far as asking about something should I ask in forums related to the image or to the hardware?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Flashing guide attached mate. Follow that and you wont break anything.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Both good images personal choice.

As for backing up your box whats the image has it got on there now ?

skybandit

Registered
Both good images personal choice.

As for backing up your box whats the image has it got on there now ?

It has OpenATV 6.2 but it seems to be under some sort of load as the spinner constantly appears every minute or so.

Maybe updating to 6.3 might cure it...

Also it has the XtreamTV plugin installed which I don't seem to be able to remove.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Reflashing might be a good idea, but you also check the space left on your image if it is nearly full it could explain the spinner problem.

If your having these problems i dont see the point of backing up an image with issues.

WaRp

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Staff member
Administrator
How to flash a Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super.

1. Format a USB stick to FAT32
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, you will see another folder named update, this is your image file.
4. Copy the entire update folder directly to the USB stick.

Make sure that your receiver is connected to your TV as the TM-Nano 2 Super does not have a display, and you wont see the prompt to update the software otherwise.

Flashing the Receiver.
– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into the USB port on the receiver.
– Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch.

As your TM-NANO 2 Super starts to power up you should see a prompt on your TV screen asking you to press the ok button to update the software, at this point you need to press the ok button on the front of the receiver to initiate the flash / update procedure..
If you dont see the prompt to press the ok button but instead see the message “starting” it means that the receiver has not detected the USB stick or image files or both. If this happens start from the beginning or try another USB stick, Image or USB port on the receiver.
If all goes well the flashing process should take approximately 2 to 4 minutes to complete, you should now see a message on your TV screen telling you to remove the USB stick and reboot the receiver. Only at this point should you power the receiver off then back on again to reboot the box.

skybandit

Registered
Reflashing might be a good idea, but you also check the space left on your image if it is nearly full it could explain the spinner problem.

If your having these problems i dont see the point of backing up an image with issues.

Not really sure how much free space is required.... this is what
df -h shows

ubi0:rootfs 208.0M Size 170.5M Used 37.5M Available 82% Used

Maybe there is some stuff I can delete...

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Nah its not that mate enough space left.

Id start again and reflash.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Merged the 2 threads dont see the point of the 2 running at the same time for the same issue and advice.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
format a usb drive on your computer.
open notepad
save a blank file but name it backupstick.txt
copy this to your usb stick.

place the usb in the rear usb port.

press blue button to bring up quick launch menu.

Software manager. ok

Complete backup. ok

Press green for usb

Your backup image will now be made.