Modified registration process

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Since there is quite a few of members who didn't manage to activate their account for one or another reason.
I've installed a modification which will enable a little different registrations process.
Members won't be added to database until they confirm their email address.
So first step of registration will request email address:
View attachment 34937
Then you receive a verification code in your email, which you paste in second step of registration:
View attachment 34939

This will probably decrease a number of daily registered members, but it will at least save both members and me the trouble. Every new member will be already activated when they complete the registration. And we won't have spam bots or members trying fake email addresses added to our database.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
I upgraded this email verification mod last night but seems that author has missed a bug in it. Every verification code that is sent appears to be wrong. That's why noone could register since last night. I've just disabled it and we'll have to go to old default registration process for now, until author releases the fix. Sorry for the inconvenience to those who tried to register since last night and this moment. I should have tested it after the upgrade.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Ok, author fixed the bug an we are back to email verification prior to being registered as mentioned in first post.