Flash Wizard BACKUP AND RESTORE AN IMAGE ON FLASH MEMORY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Not my guide, and i forget where i acquired them.

Credits to whoever prepared them

BACKUP AND RESTORE AN IMAGE ON FLASH MEMORY

The backup procedure allows to make a snapshot of Dreambox's memory status, that can be restored at any time reloading the backup file.
FlashWizard will compute automatically the best position for saving the needed temporary files, depending on the free space present on the installed device(s) on your system (Hard Disk and/or Usb Stick).
It is possible to restore a backupped image also on another Dreambox or another device: if you did a backup of an image that was installed on Usb Stick, you will also restore it on Hard Disk, and vice-versa.

Backup: select an istalled image on the images listbox, then press the button "Backup" to start the process that will backup and archive the selected firmware, all included: addons, plugins, and all other stuffs are actually present.
At the end of the procedure, FlashWizard will save the entire backup into a custom *.fwz file, named by you on the "Save backup as:" dialog box.

Restore: drag&drop a *.fwz backup saved file on drag&drop panel, or select a file using the open file button.
At the end of the restore, the restored image will be added to the images listbox, at the end of the list, and of course all addons-plugins and other stuffs will be restored automatically, just like it was when you did the backup.
To start the new image, reboot Dreambox and select it on the images menu at boot.

Ferret

Status
Not open for further replies.