Sport 24 at Sea @ 20 west

manic01

Super VIP
Mines set 20w and I always get a signal.
This channel is sub quality hd but obviously ok for free.
The encryption does not stay open all the time.
Be careful changing everything for one channel.

Last edited:

dostoy

Registered
Thanks William.

I could change the position of that satellite from 20 to whatever but I would not lower or raise my dish for anything, so if it was not available I would wait until it was.

mich33

Registered
Mines et 20w and I always get a signal.
This channel is sub quality hd but obviously ok for free.
The encryption does not stay open all the time.
Be careful changing everything for one channel.
So you must have manually adjusted your dish or have an inclined orbit actuator fitted to your dish to always get a signal from 20w as your post does not make it clear because we all know this satellite is in view only certain times of the day in the uk.

manic01

Super VIP
I would only want to watch epl, atm its on 74% on TM5402 110cm dish swuk.
Tonight its stronger.
I wouldnt want to watch it 24/7 so makes no difference to me when its weak.
Also I have no intention of bothering with it again as it was poor quality hd last time it was open.

mich33

Registered
I would only want to watch epl, atm its on 74% on TM5402 110cm dish swuk.
Tonight its stronger.
I wouldnt want to watch it 24/7 so makes no difference to me when its weak.
Also I have no intention of bothering with it again as it was poor quality hd last time it was open.
So you are saying you are getting 74% atm for the upcoming epl match at 4pm without adusting your dish or having a inclined orbit actuator fitted to your dish,how is this possible without the satellite been in view yet so unless I am wrong and it is possible where you live in swuk with 110cm dish.

mich33

Registered
I am saying just that.
And I have not adjusted my dish and I get 57e-30w arc
Ok thanks you learn something new everyday,i cannot get a signal atm in the ne England on a 110cm dish but will pick up a signal later on tonight when it comes into view and I presumed it would be in view for all of the uk later on but obviously I am wrong.

candu

Ok thanks you learn something new everyday,i cannot get a signal atm in the ne England on a 110cm dish but will pick up a signal later on tonight when it comes into view and I presumed it would be in view for all of the uk later on but obviously I am wrong.

I have not signal eather from North of Spain, I have motor dish 120cm :(

Mikelsat

Registered
To get the Sport 24 channel do you have to have a freesat v8 golden box or will a freesat v8 super or an openbox v8 freesat be ok ?

Also, just out of interest, can you get IPTV on a freesat v8 golden ?

Thanks

Freesat Golden and Super both get the Sport 24 channels at the moment with the new V578 Update, (Openbox V8s is totally different and won't do)
Freesat Golden has a cable or terrestrial tv option, IPTV can be put on both but has just one channel list, (no fav options).

Last edited by a moderator:

stamfordblue

Registered
Freesat V7 box also capable of getting Sport 24 with latest 23-9-17 update.
Getting signal strengths of 85% peak and viewable down to 60% with 50% quality on 1m dish,southern England.
I move the dish elevation by hand and today haven't moved it for 8 hours (2.30pm to 10.30pm) and been viewable all that time so good enough for live football when it's on :)

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Did you Raise Elevation or lower it in order to obtain the signal ??
at the moment 19:00pm to 23.30pm is about all i get untill signal is lost again .
cheers !

stamfordblue

Registered
If you want reception earlier than 19:00 I reckon you would need to raise elevation.That worked for me.
Have a look here.Put in your location and you can see times and elevations required
http://www.satellite-calculations.com/Satellite/Catalog/catalogID.php?27414

Click on 170 hour predicted tracking.
A new page opens and click on "here to set defaults" which is in blue.
Another page opens and put address in and click "Get coordinates for address".
Go to previous page which should now have your address and info for your location shown.If not, then refresh page.Job done! :D

Last edited:

0D04

Registered
Now, signal is completely gone.
No signal here in southern Germany.
Some days ago, strong singal at daytime.
Now....nothing.