About OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800-20111107 by gjstroom

Sehro

Registered
Using dreamboxedit to transfer the bouquet successfully but could it could not auto reload settings. Have to switch off and on back the box before it loads to the new settings. Is it normal as previously has got no issues on this.
anyone? :confused:

BM300

Super VIP

It is normal to restart Enigma 2 after you load the new channel list.
This is necessary to clear the memory of the box from the old list.
I prefer using DreamSet.
It is more user friendlily and does that as an option.​

maikash2747

Registered
This image has been my favourite for past 12+ months but now i cannot install meoboot on it on DM800SE sim2 ssl84a. I know there is Barry Allen but it has a mind of its own, i have to reinstall flash image everytime i want to try a new image coz BA just disappears.

Anybody who has meoboot running on this image could they please share their experience

Regards

Packi

Registered
Hello

does anyone here have problems with MyTube ?

it hangs up several times here...

Any ideas?

Thanks

BM300

Super VIP
It "should" be, I don't believe there's been any recent driver/ssl upgrades. I updated my PLi image last night w/out incident...

--

You are lucky, I had a different experience, the box gave an error and I had to re-flash it.​

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You are lucky, I had a different experience, the box gave an error and I had to re-flash it.​

Confusing isn't it i too get errors after a update but others seem to get away with it.

Does not make sense !

cokesux

Registered
I've updated OpenPLi regularly and never really had a problem. On the rare occasions that they update drivers or SSL, it's relatively simple to edit the /usr/lib/opkg/status file to trick it into believing the updated ssl or drivers have already been installed, therefore skipping them on future updates. Even if you update the drivers by mistake, the fix is as simple as copying the 1 needed tuner driver back onto the box & reboot...

That applies to gjstroom's images, other PLi image posters may or may not use different techniques that may or may not cause problems w/ the update. Then there's always the possibility that a specific daily update as built my pli may be unstable or broken. They added a check to the update menu to notify users of buggy releases, but if you update before the problem is discovered, you'd have no such warning...

--

saty

Registered
but if you update before the problem is discovered, you'd have no such warning...
--

I always warn you and you say:

baksteen.jpg

:mecry::D

cokesux

Registered
It doesn't "brick' in the true sense of the word, DreamUp will bring it back.

Re-reading my previous post, it sounded like gjstroom's images are some how "magical". I should note that simply flashing an Official OpenPLi image, followed with SSL84a still works fine. The only caveat is having to uninstall the web interface and install either the "old" web interface or the OpenWebif (under heavy development) plugin, both available through OpenPLi's feeds.

--

cokesux

Registered
DAMN I can't edit my previous post... I forgot about PLI's IPV6 problems, so their official images are unstable w/ SSL84/a. Thanks to lukin for reminding me. I build my own images & forgot that I had to remove ipv6 support from the kernel, the same "magic" that gjstroom uses, so I stand corrected... ;)

--

skabill2000

Registered
DAMN I can't edit my previous post... I forgot about PLI's IPV6 problems, so their official images are unstable w/ SSL84/a. Thanks to lukin for reminding me. I build my own images & forgot that I had to remove ipv6 support from the kernel, the same "magic" that gjstroom uses, so I stand corrected... ;)

--

I tried to flash with Official Open Pli (OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800-20111129) then flash with the SSL84a.bin ... after that the image was unstable ... could you please tell us how to remove the ipv6 support from the kernel ??? ... If it is not too complex :) ...

THANKS

Last edited:

saty

Registered
They remove it when builiding the image, it cannot be removed completely in a running/installed image.

cokesux

Registered
You can decide if it's too complex or not, the first step is being able to build the OpenPLi image from scratch (requiring a Linux PC or Linux VM).

--

skabill2000

Registered
You can decide if it's too complex or not, the first step is being able to build the OpenPLi image from scratch (requiring a Linux PC or Linux VM).

--

I only ask to learn and I've got an Ubuntu laptop ... so I need to find a tutorial and to be a little patient to understand how complex it is ;)...

or ... I waiting for a gjstroom update on DM800 images :D