DM920

arkanoid9

Donating Member
In OpenAtv 6.0 I don't think it good blind scan iit take too much time to scan but in dreamelite it is very fast

With OpenATV 6.1 is very fast... try to update the image! Less than 2 minutes...... ;DreamElite is the perfect image for DM900... i think.. :)

Last edited:

mr.strauss

Registered
@vladan

Code:
 [URL="http://www.sat-universe.com/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.i-have-a-dreambox.com%2Fwbb2%2Fthread.php%3Fpostid%3D2195186%23post2195186"]http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?postid=2195186#post2195186[/URL]

vladan !!

Registered
@vladan

Code:
 [URL="http://www.sat-universe.com/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.i-have-a-dreambox.com%2Fwbb2%2Fthread.php%3Fpostid%3D2195186%23post2195186"]http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?postid=2195186#post2195186[/URL]

thanks m8 !!
wow long time on that site !!
ok i m not sow good with the germany lenguage but from what i see they are speeking about the new tunner ,for me the dm 900 its new and i need to play with it to see where is going with the tunner Si21662B , about the athers thing s2x its very new sow need time to see it whats going to be.(i have tbs cart 6983 s2 for morre thinks to do)
1)i have try new enigma2 and suprise me
2)open atv 6.1 little hard to fix it ,stil play.
3)my love open pli dont suport it :( i m thinking to try your images .....)

fethi sabri

Registered
In Dm900 blindscan is amazing with dream elite and openatv ...
I think it would be the same for dm920.. 4:2:2 nothing 😔

Dreamboxes can't plays 4:4:2 directlly may be with openwebif like octagon sf 4008 plays those feeds via stream-relay
AZbox or sat cards can play it.

rpl

Registered
sow with Si21662B dont support blind scan and multistream ?

Read carfuly what I wrote. I was refering to blindscan olny, on new tunners that I have confirmation that BS works.

Si21662B it's acualy an old borring type with basic functionality. Blindscan works, but it dosen't suport multistream so then I do not recomnd buying that. Multistream dosent work also on bcm45208.
It's important to familiarize with the description on Dreambox Tuner befor buying, because there are a lot of different types. Multistream functionality it's in tuner name, so you can not by mistaken in that matter.

vladan !!

Registered
Read carfuly what I wrote. I was refering to blindscan olny, on new tunners that I have confirmation that BS works.

Si21662B it's acualy an old borring type with basic functionality. Blindscan works, but it dosen't suport multistream so then I do not recomnd buying that. Multistream dosent work also on bcm45208.
It's important to familiarize with the description on Dreambox Tuner befor buying, because there are a lot of different types. Multistream functionality it's in tuner name, so you can not by mistaken in that matter.

thanks for replay !!
3 days i play with dm 900 and ok the tunner is the normal dm tunners whitch i know for long time , the new tunner with multistreem + s2x ok dm dont wont to be back to the future fix that (Octagon SF4008 Triple 4K 2x DVB-S2X E2 is not on tha same price with dm and its work 6 month)
now about the new think MS (multistreem) and s2X i dont think that people still know what is , for me is old the MS , on the future we dont know what is going to be on the normals tp.
when i buy the dm 900 i taki it 200 euro from i friend and i know it with which tunner going to be , the new think is i can change the tunner when i wont(90 euro on amazon the new tunner) sow not big think why i need to buy dm 920 .
long time ago i fix video about multistreem and the feeds on 16QPSK +32 apsk with tbs 6925 , you can see it its free (jast is in greek lenguage)
i m jast a DXR and thats is my hubby !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJtm01-wdhQ&t=13s
thanks for the replay , you make me to undrestant match better the tunner of dm900 (how you sey BORRING)!!

Serjoga

Latvian satfat
Staff member
Few days back this brand also come to me...and from ukraina come DVB-T tuner. Many Thanks for Oleg!!! But not have time to test this box...working in danmark :D

ararat

My 920 is running flawlessly with unstable original DreamOS 2.5 for three weeks now. :)
No extra skin installed.
Additional plugins that i installed:
Network browser, Dbackup, HDMI-IN plugin, MultiRC.

Am only watching fta channels and my tv is not 4K (21:9 Full HD 2560 x 1080p with 3D - i rather want 3D than 4K functioning). So i set the box output toFull-HD 1080p instead of UHD 2160p .

Got one Twin DVB-S2 FBC tuner inside. Only one cable is attached to tuner A1 which comes from a Dur-Line UK124 Unicable 2 LNB. In tuner menu, i gave 8 Unicable SNR frequencies only to tuner A1 and left tuner A2 inactive and not attached.

I don´t need a DVB-S2X (X are the ones with multistream - usually cost 30 € more than the non-X ones), because my preferred channels on Astra 19.2 don´t broadcast multistream.
(Somebody on dreamboard compared the new Twin DVB-S2 FBC with the Twin DVB-S2X FBC tuner and wrote: both look the same, behave the same and if you don´t need multistream you can chose the nonX version.)

Without really wanting to test the box, i once accidentally programmed six recording timers on different channels/different transponders for the same time. Watched a seventh program on top, when suddenly one message after the other popped up "Recording got started". Then i controlled my timer menu and noticed that six live recordings were running simultaneously.
No problem for the DM920. :)

FTP file transfers (test) afterwards to my pc over GBit LAN were ~ 7 times faster than before on my old DM8000s. :)

Box boots up in ~ 30 seconds, so i can keep it in standby (instead of idle before with my DM8000s): Timer recordings work flawlessly from standby. :)

Tested HDMI-IN recording, too.
Worked okay in 1080p, but i wasn´t too satisfied with the picture quality. (Bit too bright / low contrast) Maybe need new hardware could improve this (better HDMI 2.0 cables / better 4K HDMI splitter). Don´t know yet, if i will use that feature. (Don´t want to start collecting movies and not having enough time to watch. ;) )

Picture quality on DVB channels is crystal clear, though, - not only on the few UHD channels.
Upscaling to 1080p lets even older 576i channels look good. :)

I replaced both my 8000s with one 920 and it outgoes them.
Nice box. :D

vladan !!

Registered
if you wont to try the X on 19.2e check this :
11552 H 25500 11/20 dvb-s2 qpsk , fec:11/20 .H.265 UHD
X its not only multistream .
with dream elit is match faster them 30seconts .

satesco

Feed Hunter
vladan!! said:
...when i buy the dm 900 i taki it 200 euro from i friend and i know it with which tunner going to be , the new think is i can change the tunner when i wont(90 euro on amazon the new tunner) sow not big think why i need to buy dm 920 .
long time ago i fix video about multistreem and the feeds on 16QPSK +32 apsk with tbs 6925 , you can see it its free (jast is in greek lenguage)
i m jast a DXR and thats is my hubby !!

As you know,I am too :thum: But about DM920,I think you need to reconsider your opinion about DM920 UHD,because if the fbc tuner is not for us,Silab 2166D goes beyond any expectations,knows:blindscan,mis,s2x and others,but most important to us,is that it lock low symbol rate,under 1000 Ks!
Better to convince my pictures from 42.0E,23.5E,16.0E,10.0E,8.0W,12,5W,30.0W positions than too many words:

7v97q20.png
oawSmCw.png
XzpBxE3.png
KjAU93z.png
awUIkwf.png
y6yRabQ.png
XlPHtqb.png
2AilXO2.png
tRiYKs8.png
4RmkJGp.png
ANp7VeD.png

antrabe

Registered
Hello im thinking to buy a dm920 but which is the best tuner for me which more capability has to lock more frec and multiestream. I want also dtt tuner.

Thanks for advice

sa321

Registered
Satesco,

would you please confirm exact tuner you are using In above post - there are dual S2, dual S2X, FBC, triple, triple multistream
Is that DM920

ararat

Differences dream900 vs dream 920:

1)___

4 GB Flash vs. 8 GB Flash
(2 GB for system, the rest for e.g. ... Picons / Movie wallpapers & covers for e.g. VideoDB addon)

2)___

1 tuner vs. 2 tuners possible

3)___

internal 2.5 harddrive
9 mm (2 TB max.) vs. 15 mm (4 TB max.)

4)__

1 CI slot vs 2 CI slots

So if somebody wants 4 TB internal harddrive or wants to use all four

polarisations without Unicable (using two fbc tuners) or if you want to mix e.g. SAT + Cable (or DVB-T2) in one receiver, then the dream920 is better choice.

Your choice on what tuner you take depends on what you want to receive.

(Remark: In my country i´m very satisfied with my dream 920 with even only one DVB-S2-FBC tuner inside attached to an Inverto Unicable 2 (JESS) LNB. I only receive Astra 19.2 E. Tested my dream 920 lately and recorded 9 broadcasts + watched 2 live channels with PIP running simultaneously - ... but i don´t need multistream and my own FBC tuner in my box doesn´t offer it. However, there exists a Dreambox DVB-S2X FBC Multistream Twin Tuner, but i don´t know its technical details.)

Last edited:

dingo31

Registered
I have seen Netflix plugin which is unfortunately available yet for DREAMBOX ONE only. Any chances to get Netflix for DM920 too?

username

Registered
Do you know what's the difference with the Dreambox One?

I don't see posts regarding DB One, while I think it has been around for a while