Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Signal Reception

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Hot Bird issues

Signal Reception

Old 18-06-2017, 13:23  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Hot Bird issues

Hi guys,

it's been now a couple of months that I have noticed on some transporters very week signal! to the point that I cannot even lock the signal at all.
I use a 90cm dish with multiple lnbs and never had a problem, and most of the transporters are fine with signal above 60% but others like 12.092 H (Sky Italia transporter) cannot lock at all.
Has anyone noticed a decrease on the signal from hot bird??

Cheers!
Old 18-06-2017, 14:59  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 5,530 Times in 1,829 Posts

To enable someone to help you When asking satellite reception problems it is a good idea to tell us where you are ?
Old 18-06-2017, 19:56  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by william-1 View Post
To enable someone to help you When asking satellite reception problems it is a good idea to tell us where you are ?
LOL you're right I forgot! I am in south east London, UK near Bromley!
Old 18-06-2017, 20:32  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 5,530 Times in 1,829 Posts

No problems at all on any transponders here on 13 east in West Essex,
http://www.flysat.com/hotbird.php

Some transponders have changed their symbol rate over the last 12 months so you may have the wrong parameter's ?

Or maybe your Lnb/dish needs to be re-aligned ?
Old 20-06-2017, 18:39  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Look for any tree growth too, it can be harder to spot on multi lnbs

If it looks more like an lnb fault (or diseqc switch or tuner), try making a note of the ones that work and those that don't to see if they match a band/pol eg if all of high band's off on that lnb or h or v.

Interferemce is another possibility. . There's more about every year
Old 20-06-2017, 20:16  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I have changed the LNB and checked the right frequencies etc, but I do now believe it's the tree at the end of the garden with all its leaves. I am only surprised that onlu SOME transporters lost the signal instead of the whole satellite!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dex1971 For This Useful Post:
william-1 (20-06-2017)