Staff member
Administrator
Files incase the above links go dead!

Ferret

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Hi
Procedure for above patched versions
1- install barry allen ipk as normal by dcc or by dreambox.
2- reflash internal image,no need to install barry allen again in the new image.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi
Procedure for above patched versions
1- install barry allen ipk as normal by dcc or by dreambox.
2- reflash internal image,no need to install barry allen again in the new image.

Hi mate

Thankyou for this, can you clear point 2 up for us.

After installing Barry Allen you then have to reinstall the image in the flash of your 800?

Do i have this wrong? Surely flash will be erased with fresh install?

Ferret

samavi

Registered
Yes ! this is it !

you have to reflash again after installing Barry Allen in order
to see it again.

It's strange but it's true.

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Hi
to make things clear
we usually patch the preinst file which present in the ipk package of barry allen and we remove the part which check for bootloader version and the part check for presence of usb drivers in flash image
but in the latest versions of barry allen check also for bootloader occur at level of bootmanager,so when after successful installation of barry allen when we reboot the dream the bootmanager check for bootloader and when finds it unappropriate it removes itself and boot barry allen menu will not appear and if we continue booting to flash image the barry allen will not appear in plugins list
for unknown reason and i discovered incidently that when reflash by new image ,the barry allen boot menu will appear again and barry allen will appear in plugins list in flash image and external flash images without new installation of barry allen again in the new flash image
just to say
1- install the barry allen to current flash image
2- goto to setup mode and by internet explorer reflash the dreambox by internal flash image
3- reboot the dream and the barry allen will appear and stay

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for your support and clarification mate!

Im clear on the procedure just unsure why it works.

thanks

Ferret

edcasi

Registered
In the Barry Allen readme.txt it tells you that, quote:
If Barry Allen on USB used then put for examle a CVS Image like OoZoon, iCVS or BoxMan in the flash, because these images have the USB drivers permanently built into kernel.

Otherwise like our freind Mfaraj57 said, if you use an other image in flash you have to reinstall it after BA is installed to have functioning USB drivers.

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Hi edcasi
I agree with you and some using ozoon in flash reported that no need to reflash with new image after successful installation of barry allen
but the problem no patched ozoon available for BL70 and BL69

edcasi

Registered
But then you only have to install the bootloader, which only takes a couple of seconds, and you will still have all your settings intact.

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Hi edcasi
please more details....
if you mean to install ozoon then load bootloader 69(as example)
i think in this way we will end with tuner failure message because the drivers will check for old bootloader and will not work in first reboot

Last edited:

edcasi

Registered
To tell you the truth I have not tried Oozoon on booth myself, have everything setup and working nicely with modified BH07 in boot and BA 5.03 on usb. With this setup I can install any image on USB and experiment from there. In my previous email I was just quoting a part of BA readme.txt, specifing images that have USB drivers built into their kernel. And hence why other images need to be reinstalled after insatlling BA.
Just hope that furture images will follow suit and have their USB drivers instelled in kernel, or at least offer downloads for these drivers.

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Hi
thats true
i have installed patched barry allen 5.0.8 with latest pure ozoon in flash and barry allen didnot disappear after first reboot like other images,moreover i have installed latest driver module(14-10-2009) into the dreambox without any problems and to remember i have clone dreambox support BL69
with this we can enjoy full features of original dreambox,only on thing related to BL69 we could not solve cardreader problem tell now but this is not apply to dreambox with BL70 and above

fced

Registered
Hi
With my dm800 ss72, and BH011; i have problem to install barryallen, after the install, i reboot enigma, and i can see the plugin in plugin panel...
but after restarting the box, the plugin have disappeared from plugin panel, but i can see it from plugin-remove panel...
I have tried to re-flash ss72 after barryallen install, but i have same results (i tried with 5.11, 5.08, 5.07) all patched version i think...
Did i have missed something ?

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Barry allen 5.0.12 modified for dm 800 clone

download

Warning: **Not for beginners**
"Few experiments done but they were successfull,so test it in your own risk,sat-universe and me are not responsible for any damage to your dreambox"

dcc1k.jpg

dcc2z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ADIL60

Registered
please what's mean "goto to setup mode and by internet explorer reflash the dreambox by internal flash image" how get INTERNAL FLASH IMAGE in setup mode.

merci