Telnet DM900 - Login Stalls for 30 seconds

LoveMyDish

Registered
When i TELNET into my DM900, i enter my password, and it stalls for like 20-30 seconds before i get a command prompt.

My DM800 TELNETS in instantly. What is up??

Anyone know?

LoveMyDish

Registered
I have more info. If i SSH in, there is no STALL. But, i have to login via TELNET. There has to be a reason..

LoveMyDish

Registered
Its the dreamboxedit software. It hangs for like 30 seconds trying to connect to the box. For the longest time, i didn't think it was working, but finally figured out it was just taking its time to respond.

fmoreira

Registered
Its the dreamboxedit software. It hangs for like 30 seconds trying to connect to the box. For the longest time, i didn't think it was working, but finally figured out it was just taking its time to respond.
Use a different software...

I use WinSCP with putty associated for telnet and works great.

I leave DCC for the save kind of problems....

LoveMyDish

Registered
Its not the client software.. It's something with the dreambox.. It connects to the session immediately, and i can type in my user name and password, its after i hit enter after my password that it hangs for like 20 seconds before it gives me the command prompt to begin working. But, if i make an SSL connection, there is no lag.

LoveMyDish

Registered
Just got the DreamElite update they release a couple days ago. That fixed the TELNET problem... Thank goodness!

LoveMyDish

Registered
Just got the DreamElite update they released a couple days ago. That fixed the TELNET problem... Thank goodness!