Dish size for Astra 3B (23.5°E) in UK

Rozzy85

Registered
Is Astra 3B easy to get in the UK, specifically the DVB-S2 frequencies? I admittedly only have a small mobile dish (37.5cm x 40.5cm) but it has been able to pick up the DVB-S frequencies (12168.00 for example) but I've had no luck with any of the DVB-S2 ones. The recommended dish size seems to be 50cm but it's been able to connect to satellites such as Thor 6 which recommends an even bigger dish of 70cm to 80cm. I get a better signal on Thor 6 too. Do I have no option but to get a much larger dish?

EDIT: NVM, I didn't see the dish size sticky. Guess I do need a much larger dish than I thought. :(

Last edited:

antoine3_dupres

Registered
Get a bigger dish. Even if you can have some chanels today, you may not get them when it is cloudy or it rains. Also have a look to the beams on lyngsat, as in some cases, the coverage is different.

william-1

Feed Hunter
I have never lost the signals from 23.5 east Astra 3B with my 88cm mesh dish here in Essex.

Last edited:

mb2410

Registered
living in the NE of the uk we use 1m dish which has a very good signal in all weather conditions and the same for thor if this helps