Nilesat/ABird 7W - NW England - 2 Meter Dish

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
Nilesat/ABird 7W - NW England (Blackpool)

I'm thinking of trying to set up my 2 Meter Dish to get 7W (as King Of Sat seems to suggest it should be possible on a 1 Meter Dish!!! :eek: ).

I was wondering what anyone else in NW England feels is the strongest and weakest (receivable) transponders to set this up with?.

I was thinking I could then have offset LNBs for better signal from 1W, 4W, 11W & 12.5W as well (than my existing 95cm motorized which just about gets 4W 10.723H in good conditions) :thum:

Norman

Registered
Hi EMPB,
Wish i could help as this has crossed my mind to get showsports, Please let me know how you get on[ i currently have 1m dish and cannot get nilesat. ],NW UK. KIND REGARDS NORMAN.

tasarım

Registered
My equipments :
Dish: 1,70m
Positioner: 18"
75 Degres East - 31,5 Degres West
Nilesat %90 Quality :thum:

L

louis

Nilesat 7W 1.10 cm

hello mate .l have 110cm dish with motor and have nilesat7west on some of the channels l get 65 signal but on showsports and art l only have 38 signal.it wot LBN you uses in west sussex in uk .because l heard in north showtime sports and art they wot get it with the 110cm dish.they have to make the dish bigger.l am uses the LNB 0.1. l buy it from greman l have allready had 6 LNBS that l put on and where no good for signal .but the one l have buy from greman is very good one.l can not till u the web sit because it is not aloud.but l can send u the name of LNB if you go to google and wirte is you find it ok.**** Megasat Diavolo Twin LNB 0,1dB :cheers:

empb

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I use a very low noise low noise block myself at the moment can never remember if its a 0.2 or 0.3 but I will prob check out 0.1 :D :thum:

L

louis

Nilesat 7W 1.10 cm

yes you can buy it and see how you go with it.l hope they start selling them in the uk one day .because you only can find them in greman at the montment.please let me know how you go with it ok .l find it very good.l only had it for 3 month's now:thum:

empb

Staff member
Administrator

I'm thinking of trying to set up my 2 Meter Dish to get 7W (as King Of Sat seems to suggest it should be possible on a 1 Meter Dish!!! :eek: ).

I was wondering what anyone else in NW England feels is the strongest and weakest (receivable) transponders to set this up with?.

I was thinking I could then have offset LNBs for better signal from 1W, 4W, 11W & 12.5W as well (than my existing 95cm motorized which just about gets 4W 10.723H in good conditions) :thum:

So which two transponders should I use to set up dish with please SU people? :D

BoSSpak

Registered

I'm thinking of trying to set up my 2 Meter Dish to get 7W (as King Of Sat seems to suggest it should be possible on a 1 Meter Dish!!! ).

I hope your 2m antenna is of a good quality. Nilesat is one of those satellites which needs accuracy in alignment and dish design. But saying that Nilesat 7w has been reported recievable with a Channelmaster/Andrews 2.4m outside manchester.

Your best bet is to align the dish on the vertical beam transponders first as signal is stronger and you should get this with your dish size. Note.Horizontal beam is very weak over the UK. So in order to get a signal you need to make sure; your LNB feedhorn matchs your dish. For H beam u need to be spoton m8.

Following transponder, [ ERTU 11747 V 27500 3/4 ] Once you get this then try tweaking the dish on [mbc 11.938 V 27500 3/4].If and when you are satisfed with the results then attempt the Horizontal transponders 12303 H 27500 3/4 & 12399 H 27500 3/4 good starters.

Good luck.

Regards

BoSS

mickw01

Registered
i have had a few channels on a 1m with a sky quad lmb on the washing pole not chance of the holly grail though (show time)

renibacterium

Registered
You may receive vertical channels, but in your location even with a 2m dish you are very unlikely to get even a sniff of the horizontal channels. You would need 3m+ to get those.

BoSSpak

Registered
@EMPB's

Did u have any luck with your 2m dish to catch nilesat ? just interested to find out your results :)

BoSS