oscam - a better BISS?

lanagalice

Registered
the best emu i use for decoding BISS was btkcam but it wasn't stable with sharing protocol so i switch to oscam with constant.cw in format caid:provid:sid:pmt:ecm:vpid

but still some feeds use exactly same inputs so i can only play one feed

for example
French league FRBeIN Feeds @ 7 east and portugese league feeds use same data as follow
SID:1
PMT:800
VPID:200

and even Audio Pid still the same

what BTKCAM was good at is, it include NAMESPACE which is unique for each feed
and with that I was able to decode Every BISS channel exist on all satellite

C

campag5242

@lanagalice you will like the next oscam-emu revision then, as it uses the exact same e2 namespace, effectively assigning a key to a specific channel/feed. Hopefully E2-E2 sharing is OK, but I have ideas to make that better.

Those guys didn't patent that namespace idea did they (asking for a friend)?

That's fine for enigma2 boxes, but I wish to share BISS keys from my Octagon SF4008 (E2) with my Octagon SX88 (GXAPI) box (no namespace!), difficult task with just this pid-laden fake BISS ecm.

nautilus7

VIP
Eh, don't tease them! Let them wait. :D

About the patenting thing...

I know you're kidding, but all I want to say to those ashole developers of oscam-emu based cams like ncam, gcam, etc is "fuck you"!

They should know that using open source code, modifying it and NOT sharing back the changed code is illegal (or at least unfair, because I don't know if an emulator for watching encrypted channels is legal anyway)!

Sit back and watch how quickly they will take your code (once merged in oscam-emu) and update their garbage cams...

Last edited:

kebien

Registered
Channel name comes in the SDT as ascii code,can be used as hex string.
An example.
Code:
000037D0   47 00 11 1A 11 48 0F 01 06 55 6E 69 6D 61 73 06  G...H...Unimas.
000037E0   45 73 63 61 70 65 00 87 FC 90 0F 48 0D 01 06 55  Escape.‡ü?.H...U
000037F0   6E 69 6D 61 73 04 4C 41 46 46 FF FE FC 80 21 48  nimas.LAFFÿþü€!H
00003800   1F 0C 09 55 6E 69 76 69 73 69 6F 6E 13 53 57 20  ..Univision.SW 
00003810   44 6F 77 6E 6C 6F 61 64 20 53 65 72 76 69 63 65  Download Service
00003820   00 88 FC 90 15 48 13 01 06 55 6E 69 6D 61 73 0A  .ˆü?H...Unimas.
00003830   47 65 74 54 56 2D 44 69 73 68 00 89 FC 90 12 48  GetTV-Dish.‰ü?.H
00003840   10 01 06 55 6E 69 6D 61 73 07 4A 55 53 54 49 43  ...Unimas.JUSTIC
00003850   45 AA 0C 4B 75 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF  Eª.Kuÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
Parseing is about to find the descriptors
48 Tag value 0x48: service descriptor
0F Length: 0x0F bytes after the length field
01 Service type is 1: Digital Television
06 Length of Provider Name
55 6E 69 6D 61 73 Text=Unimas

Not hard to do.
Is just differently than the way it's been done until now.
Providers are funny with the names,so some feeds can use a capital letter or more,others with same name do not,still the ascii string is not the same.
Others use some spaces in the string,which you won't see when converting,and this make a different ascii string.
SDT is present in demux delivered by tuner,so the plugin can grab it easily.

Please,I am not trying to change things to the point it makes a mess of other things inside the emulator,nor trying to teach anybody anything either,I had this ideas way back as a proof of concept,and worked very well,to the point it was not a need to change it for years.
It developed to the point it was possible to download VOD movies from a provider in my area,which also send the session key in the SDT for the selected VOD,and decrypt it in real time or offline.
They still do it to this day,and maybe most VOD services use the same technique,download to HDD of their receivers and store the session key to decrypt when viewing the VOD purchased.

Last edited:

Wilb

Registered
Wonderful, thanks to you both for your hard work on this.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

gap30

Donating Member
My father in law is using enigma2, this is going to make my/his life a whole lot easier

Thank you

C

campag5242

Cheers Wilb.

Some tips:

1. The old style pid-matching key index is still useful where the sid & pids are unusual numbers eg the ESPNs at 15W, Greek muxes at 3E. This makes the index more universal across non-e2 boxes.

2. We can exploit the weakness of the old pid search (namely its lack of specificity) to have one SoftCam.Key line shared by a group of channels eg
F 0001100F AAxxxxxxxxxxxxBC catches most of the RAI feeds by that unusual audio pid.

3. The F A11FEED5 index has two uses:
- group key for Championship events with assorted feeds sharing the same key.
- fast & lazy entry of a trial key, saves having to cut & past that example F line.

Last edited:

nautilus7

VIP
Just a small note about the "All Feeds" key for those that haven't notice.

It's actually A11FEED5 (characters in red are numbers) because only hex characters are allowed. :nana:

C

campag5242

@lanagalice it should come to your box soon as people crosscompile & distribute it.

Thanks for your kind words marrakr - it's pleasing to hear it's working for you. I'll check out the ideas you link to.

astrodog66

Registered
Is the biss update included in the latest oscam update posted here:

http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2036831165&postcount=113

If it is I presume I can no longer use constant.cw, and instead use softcam.key. I can not use both - it has to be one or the other? If I switched to softcam.key I would also have to update oscam.server (label, protocol, device)?

Would any softcam.key file do, or would it have to be specific to oscam? Would it be possible to make one with notepadd++?

Thanks.

Last edited:
C

campag5242

Yes, anything upwards of 749 includes the BISS changes.

You should continue to use constant.cw (as the file name suggests) for cases of constant CW on systems other than BISS.

If your box is running enigma2, you'll be able to fully use the new channel fingerprint (CRC32 hash) format.

Currently there's no point using an off the shelf SoftCam.Key as they will be full of the old sid/pid conflicts. By all means use a downloaded file as a source of keys for the 'regular' BISS encrypted channels, converting to the new format as you need them. For feeds you should start afresh.

If you are not already using SoftCam.Key, you can start with an empty file of that name. You do not have to update any other files, but you must have the emulator 'reader' enabled.

Use the oscam webif to update your SoftCam.Key (be careful to name it exactly that way), and also your constant.cw. Both files should be accessible via the Files page / other files submenu.

astrodog66

Registered
Thanks very much for your very comprehensive reply, and of course for compiling this important update.

One thing - I update constant.cw by opening it in dreambox control centre. I presume this is the same as using webif? I tend to use the latter for observing what oscam is doing.

nautilus7

VIP
In dcc, you send the file to your pc, you edit it and then you send it back to the box.

In webif, you edit the file in the box directly.

john_robot

Registered
Guys. Nice work. I have a question. Can this reuse the keys on the file regardless of what ServiceID channel hash they have ?

Or do we still have to add keys manually. let me explain this bit more. lets says if its a complete new feed and still we have to find keys and add it manually ?

nautilus7

VIP
I am not sure I understand your question, but anyway, have a look in the updated BISS code:

hxxps://github.com/oscam-emu/oscam-emu/wiki/BISS-Config

Code:
emu r752 - BISS enhancements part 2
- change how the namespace hash is calculated
- add universal hash (for enigma and non-enigma boxes)
- perform pid search in reverse order
- add messages to inform the user about using deprecated '01' keys

Refer to the wiki page for detail information on how to use.

Thanks to campag5242

Wiki page: hxxps://github.com/oscam-emu/oscam-emu/wiki/BISS-Config