Ferguson Ariva 4K Combo review.

aandreyy

Registered
hi all,
i have Ferguson Ariva 4K Combo just can not connect to it using android software NESTV. Maybe someone had the same problem? Or you are using some other software manage device from android phone? i tried Team viewer and not letting connect also, getting message that other application running for remote management. Tried couple mobile phones and they can not find device. When installing NESTV on receiver itself it discover device :) So problem should be on Ariva while i can connect to it using for example 8888 port.
thanks for reply

linch

Registered
New firmware from ferguson for combo model
http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/?wpfb_dl=1294

At the moment i can't test it......there is not a changelog.

New firmware and old problems........this is my last ferguson box.
- Switch encrypted dvbt and sat channel black screen
- After 5-10 minutes of zapping the box must be rebooted
- Afetr switch from encrypted channel sat to sat or dvbt to dvbt have no audio, so the box must be rebooted.

Ferguson come back to build only your propietary firmware...Android is not for you.:3434:

Jonsat

Registered
@linch: did you flashed starting from scratch or dirty flashed? I advice you to factory reset and reinstall. I'm not experiencing those bugs anymore, since two firmware releases...
Of course I agree with you that this box runs a software that has still a lot to be improved... beside that, it needs a proper setting editor, and support for weekly EPG, too.

linch

Registered
@linch: did you flashed starting from scratch or dirty flashed? I advice you to factory reset and reinstall. I'm not experiencing those bugs anymore, since two firmware releases...
Of course I agree with you that this box runs a software that has still a lot to be improved... beside that, it needs a proper setting editor, and support for weekly EPG, too.

Hi jonsat,
thank you for answer.
Have you try switch channels from dvbt2 encrypted and dvbs2 without problem ??
I not have the oscam source patch by ferguson because i would try compile an old version as r 11100 that probably can solve this issue because i had similar situation with an amiko a3 combo.
So i have problem after zapping for 5-10 minutes because the box must be rebooted.
For me these are the two great problems because the box is completely unusable.
Regards

Jonsat

Registered
Switching channels works well, although DTV app is really bad designed, expecially in organizing channel lists.
Sometimes, but rarely, there is a bug that prevents channels to be opened... it suffice to force close DTV app instead of rebooting device.

Last edited:

linch

Registered
Switching channels works well, although DTV app is really bad designed, expecially in organizing channel lists.
Sometimes, but rarely, there is a bug that prevents channels to be opened... it suffice to force close DTV app instead of rebooting device.

Thank you ...so tomorrow i try with new clean install but switching channel are not ok.
Only switch from free sat and free dvbt is ok encrypted have black screen.

ardas

Registered
after reboot ARIVA on DVB-S Black Screen.need from your computer at http: //192.168.1.hhh: 8888 / start.html? Oskam over restart.and everything is OK.with dvbt no problem.
Update Ariva-4K-combo-20161108-v01.01.1657.

linch

Registered
Please users we invite to see this serie of videos on youtube, it explain the correct and complete use of this fantastic receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr1reSkirnWNdb-W225VQV1qsBtYJz1JD

Thank you,
i have this receiver from 2 months and it have many problems.
- No CA support for many cards
- No channel editor
- Switch ecrypted channel from dvb-c or t to dvb-s with black screen, cam plugin must be restarted
- some channels from list must be deleted because they block receiver

-

bassethound

Registered
The VU+ Uno 4K looks good at £239 but i would wait there are a few more brands launching 4K boxes over the holiday period

stratdimas

Registered
Hi guys.Nestv app doesn't work with my amlogic TV android box.Is some to know something about it? In hthe smartphone works well.

toxic9

Registered
Can anyone open dvb-c encrypted channels with Ariva 4k combo?
I can only use the Cam app with DVB-S... It doesn't work on DVB-C =(

basvit

Registered
ho recentemente acquistato il Ferguson Ariva 4k combo.
purtroppo ho dei problemi dovuti in particolare alla mancanza di istruzioni in italiano.
non essendo sicuro evito di fare aggiornamenti.

basvit

Registered
ferguson 4k combo-android-

mi sono state fornite le istruzioni e il funzionamento è abbastanza soddisfacente.
il problema più importante è la mancanza di aggiornamenti che potrebbero eliminare alcuni buchi.
ciao a tutti.

mihaip

Registered
The problems on Ferguson Ariva 4K combo were caused by the dvb-c driver !

and were solved by the manufacturer in the early stages og the FW ! but ...

nobody tell to the people to restore the FW using "recovery" method ... so

drivers included in Kernel were not updated into the online procedure !!!