2 Questions

Biscrok

Registered
Hello.

I have 2 questions.

1. Does someone know about CCcam will work with n d s Videoguard at Clarke-Tech ET-9000???

2. Works Smargo Smartreader at Clarke-Tech ET-9000???

georgeflu

Registered
1)cccam is working as in other e2 receivers (dreambox-vu+). if that you want is working there,it will works in this receiver too.
2) sif image says that it is working.the blackhole image have the panel to activate this kernel-module and in vix too. i haven't test it but i guess it works.

Biscrok

Registered
Ok.

So should i just have decided me whether I shall have a Clarke-Tech ET-9000 or a VU+ Duo

bassethound

Registered
I have both the et9000 and the duo as they are both around the same price if you look round the web

its hard to choose which is the better box i would get a VU+ Duo as there are more dev teams supporting it:thum:

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
I'd agree with the above that the support for the VU+ DUO is better at the moment than the ET9000, but on the flip side the Et9000 supports PIP, has a loop-through on both tuners, no fan so a silent operation and has a bit more ram than the DUO plus a multi-function remote control.

I've ran a DUO personally since we first brought them into the UK and they are a fantastic receiver, I started using an ET9000 around last Christmas and also find this fantastic. It all comes down to for me if you prefer the more support you get with DUO over the extra features you get on the ET9000, personally I'd go for the extra features I think having had the chance to test out and use both receivers, but then I know many others would go for the extra suport, in the end it's what you want that counts, I'm sure you won't be disapointed with either one :thum:

Biscrok

Registered
Vu+ Duo has a Broadcom 7335 Mips 400MHz processor and 384 MB of memory, where Clarke-Tech ET-9000 has a Broadcom 7413 Mips 400MHz processor and 512 MB ​​memory.

But I do not know which one I should have.

bassethound

Registered
I would go for the box with most support PIP is just a gimmick at the moment and does not work 100% on both boxes,

Smargo Smartreader is supported on most VU+ images.

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
Wouldn't say the PIP was a gimmick it works quite well and has done for me since day one but it does only support an SD channel on your second (smaller) picture... Personally rarely use it to be honest but if it's there and available then why not! Like I say though I know many will prefer the extra support over the extra features and nothing wrong with that, that's not to say ET9000 support is bad, the DUO support is just better at the moment but then it has been around almost a year more, it really is just a case of what you prefer :)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I don't have a 9900 but have many enigma 2 receivers and you can not beat image group support and plugin support.

If a good receiver has no or little group support it will never be a great receiver. For this reason go with the VU duo or wait a bit to see if support on the 9900 improves.

Ferret

georgeflu

Registered
i have the small one from vu+ (solo) and i bought last week the et-9000 receiver (and i already had dm800,edision pingulux). as in the other e2 receivers,i thought that blackhole and sifteam images could be the best.both images was bad (i hope that could be better in next compilation). i realy disappointed because i thought that the other images could be a step down. i was wrong. I was surprised when i tried vix,which is based in openpli,but have some things to do outside of practical and beautiful.the better came when i tried the c-tech official (as is named) image,which is based in openpli too.i did everything what i do with my dreambox (mount disks,network with other receivers or pc,streaming channels,plugins like mytube and many other) and i got crash when only i tried to crash the receiver. so with those two images (and the pli base),i don't think that the "et series" receivers far away from other e2 receivers.

JaSam

Registered
Yes that is vu-support currently better, but the ET9000 is a total package is better, Vu duo also pretty ugly place to get it into the living room ,has a fan and can only Pip with iframes, and for the ET9000 come regularly new driver.Look in the big German Boards say most, one should take ET9000, because you get more for your money ,just Receiver.If you want to have the best support is to buy a Dreambox and ready.

Last edited: