Bluray DVD drive is not working in DM800

B2K420

Registered
Hello Guys,

I have got BD RW BD-5750H DVD drive installed in DM8000. When I click on DVD player it shows "BD RW BD-5750H" When I click on ok it shows folders AACS, BDMV & CERTIFICATE. When I go into those folders I can't see nay playable media files. I have tried Bluray disks & normal DVDs with no luck.
Flash image: Enigma2 = 2012-07-06-3.2, Image = Release 3.2. 2011-09-29
2nd flash image: Nemesis2.6-dm8000-e2-OE(1.6)

Thanks very much for reading this thread.

Renard

Registered
I cannot say anything about Bluray, because I did not try it yet. But for DVD: did you install libdvdcss ?
Regards, Renard

B2K420

Registered
I thought all drivers are already in the image software. Where can I get that file from.

Renard

Registered
Sorry, but I see no way to upload "libdvdcss2_1.2.11-r1_mipsel.ipk" in my post, so you should look for it (google).
Regards, Renard

B2K420

Registered
This file is already installed "libdvdcss.so.2.1.0" in /usr/lib/. Any other suggestions?

charliecossie

Registered
You can't play Blu Rays without using an OE2 image.
Nemesis is OE1.6 and includes the DVD player.
No image can play protected discs so if you're trying to play commercial discs, forget it.

Renard

Registered
@charliecossie, you are right, Bluray-Player is in OE2.0-Images, not in OE1.6, but playing commercial DVD is possible by using the libdvdcss in all images OE1.6.
Regards, Renard

B2K420

Registered
You can't play Blu Rays without using an OE2 image.
Nemesis is OE1.6 and includes the DVD player.
No image can play protected discs so if you're trying to play commercial discs, forget it.

Thanks very much for that. Sorry for below Newbie questions.
What do I need to do to install a OE2.0 image. Do I need to install a new Boot, Can I install OE2.0 image as 2nd flash or Do I have to install OE2.0 image on my flash as I would like to keep my DM genuine image in flash, What is the best OE2.0 image I can use?
By commercial DVDs/blurays disks you mean the DVDs/blurays disks you buy from a local store, Will my bluray player play commercial DVDs if I instal OE2.0 image?
Flash image: Enigma2 = 2012-07-06-3.2, Image = Release 3.2. 2011-09-29, Boot #84
2nd flash image: Nemesis2.6-dm8000-e2-OE(1.6)

1bedu12

Registered
thanks my friend, but i will only know the location of my box, to upload the file, if i find ;)

ararat

At this time you can only playback copy protected/purchased DVDs with libdvdcss2
not copy protected Blurays.
If you have unprotected BD-R Bluray discs or mkv/m2ts data BD-R discs you may play hdtv files from them as well. So you can play back e.g. your own hdtv recordings, that you burnt to disc.
Copy protected Bluray discs may follow later. It´s already possible to play some copy protected Bluray discs with linux - so maybe there will some day be a solution for dreambox. Today it´s still for experts:
http://apcmag.com/how-to-play-blu-ray-in-linux.htm

Link in post above for libdvdcss2 maybe won´t help you, files there seem to be for OE1.6 only!

For OE2.0 you need mips32el.ipk files instead of mipsel.ipk. Files above won´t install on OE2.0. (I attached suitable ones here - post #222)

If your dreambox is original - not clone - you can install OE2.0 image first. An easy one e.g. is Merlin 3
After installation start online update to get dreambox up to date
(menu/settings/software/update online - expressions may be different, my firmware got different language than English).
If you need softcam look here (read here post #210):

Last edited:

ararat

Additional remark: Files above for OE1.6 (post #11) will probably only work, if you unzip them with 7Zip and extract two libdvdcss2 files inside, which you afterwards can copy to /usr/lib folder on dreambox and then give rights 755 and afterwards restart your box. So, they are not totally useless - they are only packed in a container, that OE2.0 images don´t accept any longer for installation.

B2K420

Registered
I have followed the instructions on post #222 for OE1.6. The DM showed it has updated libdvd.... I restarted the box. When I go to DVD player it crashes (green screen). I am using DBUK image & BD RW BD-5750H. I am just trying to watch a dvd I purchased from the store.

Last edited:

ararat

Hi B2K420:)

I never had problems with libdvdcss2.

Libdvdcss2 for oe1.6 is older than the one uploaded for oe2, but the age of oe1.6 libdvdcss2-file shouldn´t be reason for a greenscreen on your box. If you´re using it on oe1.6 (like Release 3.2/Nemesis2.6) it should work.

Why not ? ...

I´m only guessing now - maybe I´m perfectly wrong, because I don´t know DBUK image. (Just googled and didn´t find out too much the last hour.)

Maybe DBUK image already comes with libdvdcss2 inside?
I only guess this because you wrote dreambox reported that it "updated" libdvdcss2.
Maybe s.th got mixed up, then by installing libdvdcss2 anew?

The libdvd-files inside the libdvdcss2-mipsel.zip by default get installed into folder /user/lib on your dreambox.
Some firmwares place some of their files in different folders than usual or redirect with so called "symlinks" (as pointers to original files). If symlink-, file-. or folder names don´t fit - then maybe problem.
(Would be easy for experienced user to find out, if symlinks are wrong or libdvdcss2 files placed incorrectly, but I better don´t explain, because a newbie can easily ruin his/her firmware).

Many reasons for greenscreen possible on your box.
- if maybe libdvdcss2 symlinks in your firmware point to different location than /user/lib
(where your libdvdcss2-files from zip-package should have got installed ...)
- if no symlinks exist at all, but maybe need to be created for your firmware
- if downloaded file was corrupt
- if dvdplayer plugin is faulty (or libs libdreamdvd* libdvdnav*)
- if bluplayer plugin is disturbing
- if - many other reasons ...
---

Additional remark:
Afaik, Bluray playback is officially supported with oe2 + bluplayer plugin, only.
Not on oe1.6.
Maybe even s.th. went wrong, when you tried to play back a Bluray disc on your box with oe1.6 firmware?
(You must at least have inserted a Bluraydisc into your BD-player - you wrote about folders "BDMV/Certificate" - they are only for Bluray discs).
Usually on oe1.6 you can use Bluraydisc writers for playback of DVDs and for storage of data on DVD 4.7/8.5 GB and BD-R 25/50 GB discs.
Playback of TS-Files may perhaps be possible from BD-Rs, but I´m not sure about that.

---

Perhaps you rather deinstall libdvdcss2?
If you want so,
connect with "Dreambox Control Center", DCCe2, to your dreambox
choose Telnet function of DCCe2 and deinstall with
ipkg remove libdvdcss*
restart box

(should you get error message: command on oe2 and in some other cases should be opkg remove libdvdcss* instead)

---

Sorry that I can´t help better, but I never had the same problem.
(Not 100% true - I once had greenscreen with dvd playback - I flashed new firmware, installed libdvdcss2 again - problem gone.)

Maybe you deinstall dvdplayer plugin and install it again.
maybe flash new oe2 or old oe1.6 again (with dreamup/webIf - no restore of settings, except user bouquets).

Hope you find an easy way to solve this:thum:.

B2K420

Registered
At this time you can only playback copy protected/purchased DVDs with libdvdcss2
not copy protected Blurays.
If you have unprotected BD-R Bluray discs or mkv/m2ts data BD-R discs you may play hdtv files from them as well. So you can play back e.g. your own hdtv recordings, that you burnt to disc.
Copy protected Bluray discs may follow later. It´s already possible to play some copy protected Bluray discs with linux - so maybe there will some day be a solution for dreambox. Today it´s still for experts:
http://apcmag.com/how-to-play-blu-ray-in-linux.htm

Link in post above for libdvdcss2 maybe won´t help you, files there seem to be for OE1.6 only!

For OE2.0 you need mips32el.ipk files instead of mipsel.ipk. Files above won´t install on OE2.0. (I attached suitable ones here - post #222)

If your dreambox is original - not clone - you can install OE2.0 image first. An easy one e.g. is Merlin 3
(menu/settings/software/update online - expressions may be different, my firmware got different language than English).

ararat: I was using DreamboxUK_v2.1.1_DM8000.nfi (My favorite OE1.6 image). My (BD RW BD-5750H) Bluray DVD drive was not playing any DVDs. I just wanted it to play movie DVDs that you can buy from store. I think it was an issue with the image.
I followed instructions on your Post#222. I installed Merlin 3 and then installed libdvdcss2_1.2.12-r0_mips32el.ipk and now I can watch normal DVDs thanks to you.

I have been on so many different forums but nobody was able to help me with this query. You are a genius and a truly special person and I will always be grateful to you for helping me with this.

ararat

Wow!
First I was shocked:eek: because of big window with quote inside.
I thought, s.th. bad may have happened to your dreambox until I read your comment.

Yes I´m special person:D - my brother and sister sometimes say so, too and they don´t always mean this friendly ...:lol:

Happy to hear that you´ve got everything working allright :thum:

B2K420

Registered

Download a cam of your choice, if you need. You can activate it or select a CI/CA module with Merlin´s cam-center-plugin (under "Extensions").

I have followed instructions from post #210 but I can't find Cam-center-plugin under "Extensions". I don't know how to activate the cam without the cam-center-plugin. Any help will be appreciated.

ararat

Pictures say more than words (pic #5 is Merlin 3 OE2.0 CamCenter)

Last edited: