Bought new DM8000 and now what?

fc hellas

Registered
Hello there, I am a newbie in CS and DM models.
Now I bought the DM8000 but what are the first steps to do?
Should I put an image on it and what can i do with it?
If someone could help me that would be great!!

Many thanks

joedenob

Registered
depending on what you bought mate.

If you bought a clone one it should come with preinstalled image. All ferrari images should work with it.

If you bought a genuine one, you will need an image as they come out blank. All images will go in

fc hellas

Registered
depending on what you bought mate.

If you bought a clone one it should come with preinstalled image. All ferrari images should work with it.

If you bought a genuine one, you will need an image as they come out blank. All images will go in

Thanks I bought a genuine one (I think, is it easy to check if it is genuine of clone?).

For the images what is the best? And what can i do with it?

mirg

Registered
I am using newnigma2 v 2.8.4,it is from all images I have tried the best one.You can get ALL what you like and more!
There is also a newer version 3.0 with a new kernel. But I have desidet to wait a bit longer until all the bugs are gone.
Best

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Why do you prefer Newnigma? I just received my new DM 8000 and I am working on getting it setup right now.

Newnigma is a light image and is not heavily modified like say Dream Elite. This make the image quick and you can build it with plugins etc to do most of what other images do.

Ferret

cdr

Registered
DreamElite got few bug M8..you will discover yoursel i am sure of it

the Nab V12 is one of the best IMAGE around

user456

Registered
I Bought new Dreambox 8000 too. As I read the best option is: for flash new oozoon, then installing Barry Allen and then what You want :) for example Gemini 5.1

Sharkadder

Registered
Aye a few bugs in DE, i have noticed some to do with recognizing DVD drives and enabling you to record/play DVD files, on some of their images my BD recorder has been recognised and on others i get nothing mounted and so who knows what that is all about. Otherwise an excellent choice of image.

As for your "now what?"...all i can say is welcome to the fun and you'll have endless with it, great purchase .
icon14.gif

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I Bought new Dreambox 8000 too. As I read the best option is: for flash new oozoon, then installing Barry Allen and then what You want :) for example Gemini 5.1

It can be a good idea to have a CVS image such as Oozoon in the flash as you can keep this updated via the remote. And yes Barry Allen is a must if you do use a CVS image in the flash.

Newnigma is a fast lite images but if you use BA then you can install them all and choose which one suits you better. All image differ in the features they offer so one may suite your needs better than others.

Ferret

dyna

Registered
It can be a good idea to have a CVS image such as Oozoon in the flash as you can keep this updated via the remote. And yes Barry Allen is a must if you do use a CVS image in the flash.

Newnigma is a fast lite images but if you use BA then you can install them all and choose which one suits you better. All image differ in the features they offer so one may suite your needs better than others.

Ferret

what does cvs mean exactly?

dyna

Registered
haveing recieved mine recently would like to know if anybody has used the wireless setup on this! how would it perform recieveing clines for example?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ive used the wifi on a test basis as im not a fan of anything wireless.

Nothing beats cat5 but the 8000 will work ok running as server client on wifi.

Ferret

cdr

Registered
haveing recieved mine recently would like to know if anybody has used the wireless setup on this! how would it perform recieveing clines for example?

the 8000 is got wireless card inside and work perfect as server
or receiving from other server