BIOS NO CA FOUND - (another one)

parkster

Registered
DM800SE A8P. Tried to install software update but it crashed in the process. Now when I turn it on I get:

NO CA OR IMAGE 2nd Failed
BIOS NO CA FOUND

I've plugged the Dreambox to my laptop via min-usb, connected Ethernet to Dreambox and started DreamUp 1.3.3.11

I click "connect" on DreamUp and it says "connection prepared now switch on the dreambox". I power on the dreambox.... but nothing happens on DreamUp. Dreambox does it's usual thing with error message above.

?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
does it go into HTTP mode and you see an ip on the LED screen ...???

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
in dreamup what com port are you using it usually gives a virtual com port like com 5 when you plug in the usb cable ...?

parkster

Registered
yeah, I've done this a few times but this time I can't connect.

Sunray flashup doesn't work because I have A8P so I have to use DreamUp. DreamUp doesn't work, so I've tried to use optiflash v.1.05.

With optiflash when I click connect I get

"Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
ive never used optiflasher dreamup worked for me with my A8P sim have you tried an earlier version of dreamup

parkster

Registered
just tried with 1.2.2 and it doesn't work

I've never had Dreamup working, last time I had a similar problem I had to use optiflash

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
I would just keep trying different versions of dreamup until one works that's usually the case

parkster

Registered
I've tried a few versions of Dreamup but no joy.

I have a few of these boxes (DM800SE with A8P). I just tried to connect with one of my other boxes and DreamUp connected just fine. With the one that crashed whilst installing 'software updates', however, it won't connect with either DreamUp (oldest and newest and a few in between) or optiflash 1.5. I've tried using optiflash 2 but my PC thinks its a virus and keeps deleting it.

Any other ideas?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
yeah I never use optiflasher cus of that plus you have to pay to use it properly, have you tried taking the sim out and putting it back in, or have you got a DM800SE sim 2.1.0 you can put in and see if its boots

parkster

Registered
tried taking SIM out and putting back in but no luck

No, I don't have any spare sims. I could borrow an A8P sim from another box if it helps the diagnosis?

Is it more likely that the SIM has died or the flash memory/hardware?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
I think it will be the flash memory is the problem if its tried to update and not finished but I would not give up trying, I have spent hours trying to get rid of a NO CA ERROR and nearly given up but it came right after keep trying.

can you try another pc/laptop

parkster

Registered
That link only gives the UART drivers rather than a version of DreamUp. Is that what you meant to try?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
have you already installed a driver for dreamup so that you can use your USB cable and it see's and reckognises the box as a DM800se this might be the prob with it not connecting when it says now switch in

parkster

Registered
Yeah, like I said I can connect to my other DM800SE boxes, just not this one.

If that driver isn't installed you can't even get as far as COM port detected.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
is the driver installed this one
VCP driver
(USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port (VCP) driver) from DMM site