Going motorised which way to go?.

Ragnarok

Donating Member
I'm finally going to build a proper mount for my TD110 dish, building a rig with scaffold poles, in a nice sheltered spot with alot of bushes and trees to use as a wind brake, a litte trimming of the trees and it'll be perfect for going motorised.

I'm thinking a diseqc motor to start with

my short list is

Technomate TM-2600 M2 ( zero drive play aprenently )
Superior Dark motor ( zero backlash design, or auto back lash adjustment )
Primesat PR3600B ( manual External backlash adjustment )

I've never gone this route before so i don't know these very well, but a diseqc motor look dead easy to setup.

any other mortors worth a look?.

My dish is also very close to a power point so it will be very easy later on to go bigger dish wise and a run polar mount run a vbox a meter away from the dish. I might be tempted by a 1.2 raven, andrews channel master or 1.25m gibertini, or primasat, maybe even a 1.4m primasat.

Does a polar mount also skew the dish and maintain the correct skew for the LNB like a diseqc motor does?

Last edited:

Costactc

Registered
I would not recommend the Stab HH 120 motor, went through 2 of them before I decided to modify the mount to move my 1.2m dish with an actuator.

Ragnarok

Donating Member
I've ended up with a TM-2300 diseqc motor for now on the triax TD110, but i have picked up a genuine channel master 1.2m dish with polar mount, 18" jack and, mounting pole locally.

I've managed to test the motor with a 12v battery and the sensor in the actuator, it's all working well.

Just waiting on a V-box and digital Inclinometer get set the pole dead plumb. I'm hoping to see from 60e -60w with it.

Graff Philkoff

Donating Member
I've ended up with a TM-2300 diseqc motor for now on the triax TD110, but i have picked up a genuine channel master 1.2m dish with polar mount, 18" jack and, mounting pole locally.

I've managed to test the motor with a 12v battery and the sensor in the actuator, it's all working well.

Just waiting on a V-box and digital Inclinometer get set the pole dead plumb. I'm hoping to see from 60e -60w with it.

So how is your set up going mate? Have you got anything to share with us😕😕😕😊