1st timer needs to learn PCEditor

tonysuffolkuk

Registered
I have not used PCEditor before and would like to learn how to use it. Is there anything such as PCEditor for Dummies or a link to a step by step "How to" to help me get to grips with it especially how to download(backup) my settings etc from the CubeRevo to my PC. The STB is connect to PC by USB and I also have an Ethernet connection. Any help would be very much appreciated.

swan2

Registered
I have not used PCEditor before and would like to learn how to use it. Is there anything such as PCEditor for Dummies or a link to a step by step "How to" to help me get to grips with it especially how to download(backup) my settings etc from the CubeRevo to my PC. The STB is connect to PC by USB and I also have an Ethernet connection. Any help would be very much appreciated.

See over here
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=90705

tonysuffolkuk

Registered
Thanks Swan2. I had seen that thread but was hoping for something a bit more basic so that I can start learning from "Square 1"

greddost

Registered
It's really not that hard

Hi..

It's really not that hard. You'll get the hang of it after a couple of times..

Good luck

mred

Registered
You need firstly to set up box to your network

Start PC Editor
Click on Options>Pceditors settings
Then in the menu that opens you need to set up your reciever Ip address, username and password for FTP and Web acording to which image you are using
You should now be able to click on FILE>DOWNLOAD CHANNEL DATABASE> FTP DOWNLOAD DATABASE
If you have set up receiver in options correctly you will see a green progress bar indicating the download is in progress
The channels & data will now show in the main panel
Here you can edit your channel list etc
The database is automatically saved to your pc on download but if you use XP I have found that you need to rename the file before you can download a second time. Vista has no such problems with the downloaded filea increasing numerically
To send the edited dat back to the receiver go to FILE > UPLOAD CHANNEL DATABASE > FTP DATABASE UPLOAD

hope this helps