New to vu+

Thedan55

Registered
Hey guys I've got a vu+ uno clone. I know for a fact that it's a clone, a ferrari clone.

My question is how can I tell that it's a ferrari clone?

I've found the thread for clone images, if which I will be trying several. I've only had experience with my dreambox and open pli. I want to try vix and blackhole.

Next question is, to install a new image, Your copy the image file to usb, plug into the front of the box and switch on and it'll do it. Correct?

Next question, do I need to be careful about updates through the installed image? I read somewhere that it's not a good idea as they could brick it. On the top of the box there's a sticker to a site (not sure if I can link here) that says to only use images from here ?

Thanks for the advice in advance!

edit: at the bottom of an image post there's 2 download links 2a and 3a,there's a sticker at the bottom of my uno that says v3.0. so im assuming i download the 3a image right?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If there is a clone site sticker on the top then its a clone.

Use image from that site and this guide to install the image.

Install this way

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=222658

Never do online updates, it could download drivers that will brick your box.

You can use Ferrari v3 and 3a images.

Thedan55

Registered
The sticker doesn't say it's a clone, just says to install images from that site.

So I cant use any of these images

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=263734

If they're built for the clone, u still can't use online update? I've only had experience with open pli on a clone dreambox and I used to install extensions and stuff through open pli, with the open pli that's on my uno there's an add on called ferrari add ons. I'm assuming I can only use ferrari add one and none from the open pli download area? I say this because I tried to install crossepg so I could update the channels to show what's on while browsing channels but it just didn't work

Edit: the images on the site are very old, nothing from 2014 just 13

Edit2: The image right now is open pli 4 beta, but on that site theres no such image. I'm trying to contact the person I bought it off

Edit 3: so I've finally got mgcamd running and is working. I downloaded auto bouquets and did the scan and they all came up, however a number of channels don't come up. They work fine on my dreambox. What do I install to have what's on right now next to the channel listing? On dreambox it was crossepg but that doesn't seem to work on this.

I'm still experimenting, my plan is to get familiar with everything then wipe it and start clean, as I've been messing with the current build.

Edit 4: ok I installed open vix Ferrari v3a running gorgeously, going to install mgcamd and setup the bouquets, keys see how this goes

Edit 5: ok everything is running perfectly... The only thing wrong is that some channels won't come up. So far I've noticed that some movie channels don't work. Any ideas??? Could I just have the wrong settings? I'm hoping it's a fault on my part seeing the thing up other possibility is that the box is faulty and that's going to be long.

Couple someone also please for God's sake tell me how to remove the list when I press the provider button. I've got all the providers astra, sec, all of em!

Last edited:

Thedan55

Registered
ok so ive done everything fro scratch again. everything pretty much works,except some of the comedy channels and som of the movie channels. i copied my bouquet list from my dreambox to see if that makes a diference but it didnt. i did a service scan too and auto bouquets and still the same issue

so now what do i do?

any help please

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You say some channels dont work ?

What specific channels ? Are you saying there pay channel and they dont clear or there is just not signal on them ?

Thedan55

Registered
@humaxdriver not sure what your asking

Done of the comedy central, done discovery, most of sky movies and maybe others not checked. But those don't come up. My mgcamd clears but the picture or sound won't come up, I'll confirm that for you in a few mins

Thedan55

Registered
That's what it looks like, this is just one channel that doesn't work. The red line is just covering my mgcamd.

I really hope someone can help me figure out if the problem is me or the box so I can get on with sending the box back for a refund

13c3ee14bdbd7df11544a8242fc207a7.jpg

Last edited:

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
if i was you install blackhole 2.06 or 2.08 ferrari v2 it works better both

Thedan55

Registered
Ok I'll try that, right now I'm trying an image from the website on the sticker on the box to set of that makes the channels work. I'll report back.

Edit : so I installed the file from the stickers site and strangely enough it doesn't come with ferrari add ons package....

Last edited:

Thedan55

Registered
Ok big problem!!! I flashed black hole, but I don't think it did it correctly, I think my USB drive failed, now I can get it to program any other image from another drive. It's just stuck on black hole splash even with starting gui and on the display it says vu+ uno, I tried flagging another image while pressing ch- but it just tries to boot black hole

Please help someone!!!! Please please

Edit : thank god it's working again!! Flashed black hole, setting up now. Let's see of I get the same issues

Last edited:

Thedan55

Registered
ok so ive got black hole up and running, but i cant seem to find mgcamd.... Well I can but not sure which one to install there's a few categories, good lord black hole is so complicated!!!! teres so many options. i dot like the interface,prefer open vix.

i really could use some assistance please

Edit: Anyone?? Please?? Really stressing me out.

Last edited:

Thedan55

Registered
ok i finally figured it out, i didnt have the right files for mgcamd in the folder. now its working.

If I make a backup of this vix image and then I try a different image, how do I put the backup back on? Through that image or during boot by pressing the ch- button?

Also what's the dangers of using an original image on this clone? Will it brick it? Or will it just not work correctly?

Last edited: