Need Help and Advice for equipment

olaryu

Registered
Hello guys, I am currently looking for a way to see 4.2.2.

I understand that I must you a good PC - this is solved.

Seen a lot of topics but I cannot find which equipment to buy for capture.

Can someone give me some advice and even some tips? Would really need some help.

Thank you !

el samak

VIP
Hi my friend

most of the Users here use TBS TV Cards ,it works fine with Blindscan too , and here in my area that Cards are very Cheap (used one)

second way is via Dreambox/Linux and Stream to PC via VLC for example , but i never made it that way... but many users confirm that this way is working too

equipment of your PC must not have high end to watch 4.2.2 :thum:

regards

arkanoid9

Donating Member
you can use:
- Computer: DVB-PC cards (Skystar, TBS, etc..) + ProgDVB or DVBDream or AltDVB or etc..
- Decoder: Linux enigma2 receiver (Dreambox, Vu+, Zgemma, Gigablue, etc) + streaming on the pc via VLC
- Azbox can decrypt 4:2:2 but only MPEG2 not MPEG4 (this decoder is too ancient)

Regards

astrodog66

Registered
Hello there

I am using a Dell XPS 430 to watch mpeg 4:2:2 feeds, and that is a 7-8 year old pc.

Computer specifications:

CPU. Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 / 2.66 GHz.
Quad-Core.

4gb 10333 mhz ddr3 ram

Nvidia GTX 660 video card with 2gb ram.

Dvbsky s952 twin tuner video card.

120gb ssd drive.

Dvb software such as dvb dream or progdvb.

Apparently you need at least 4gb ram, a quad core processor and an nvidia video card with at least 2gb onboard ram for mpeg 4:2:2 feeds.

This system is quite old but can display one mpeg 4:2:2 feed quite easily. However it does struggle if I try to record a second feed. However if you only want to watch/record one feed at a time, as el samak says, you don't need a state of the art computer.

Streaming is quite easy via webif and vlc when you know how, so long as you can connect the pc and the receiver via a router.

One other option is to record an mpeg 4:2:2 signal from your receiver onto a usb device, transfer the recording to a computer and check if it will play back via vlc. Some receivers allow you to do this, but of course you can not watch the broadcast live. It might be useful for an event you can not get elsewhere.