30W to 46E and beyond!

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
As I have 30W to 0.8/1W to 46E sorted and 30W almost touches the wall and 45-46E is roughly parallel with the line of the back wall I should be able to go to 120E, obviously once i go past 70-80E there will not be anything I can get because of my location/horizon/equator.

Question for those of you who already have a large reception arc whats the next easy (further east than 46E) satellite to get after AzerSpace @ 46E?

Bearing in mind I need a Satellite with a footprint receivable in NW England.....I'm thinking of trying 57E

:D:):confused:;):cool:

mdt

VIP
for Ku band the next one with a decent number of channels and recievable in the north west is express AM22@53east... then theres NSS 12@57east and intelsat902@62east(try ADEN [email protected]. 3/4.. DVBS2/8PSK/MPEG4) although i cant see 62east due to obstructions. there are others aswell but these are inclined,too weak or have no signals recievable atm apart from data ect. theres C-band also but cant say what, if anything is recievable. let us know how far around the arc you get with your system.. good luck,regards mdt

Last edited:

william-1

Feed Hunter
53 east is possible I get most of the Ku band on my 90cm set up http://www.flysat.com/expressam22.php

54 east to 58 west is my maximum arc on 90cm set up,46 east to 60 west on the 100cm set up,

I have tried for 57 east but a roof is in the way hope this helps you.

Last edited:

AceB

Registered
Passed 53° there's 57 and 62 but pick the transponder carefully as some of them have low SRs that your receiver may not like. The Russian radio MUX on 66E is strong as are all the European beams on 68.5E. Not sure what your horizon is but on 75E 12640V is usually the strongest transponder. All of these have been received on an unbranded 85cm mesh dish in SE UK.

empb

Staff member
Administrator
I just don't get whats going on. I'll have to check the Hardware limits of the TM2600 Super H-H Motor but it should be able to do 70E to 70W. Scans 46E perfect, Moves East to what should be 53E (definitely moves), nothing blocking line of sight (Telegraph Pole is actually further East), aprox 23 above sea level. Blind Scan in steps of 2 at 53E...... Nothing Found :(

satesco

Feed Hunter
Hi empb,
From of your location,I think that the last satellite that you can pick up is Eutelsat 70A-70E.Elevation a little over 1 degree above horizon.

Coastman

Registered
I just don't get whats going on. I'll have to check the Hardware limits of the TM2600 Super H-H Motor but it should be able to do 70E to 70W. Scans 46E perfect, Moves East to what should be 53E (definitely moves), nothing blocking line of sight (Telegraph Pole is actually further East), aprox 23 above sea level. Blind Scan in steps of 2 at 53E...... Nothing Found :(
I have the same motor as you empb and had the same problem it would only go to 53e and knew it could go further as have clear line of sight like you to the east. The problem was the installer and myself had not checked manual properly to notice it has hardware limit built in of 53e-53w. Looked into it further and believe there is i think screws on either side of motor that need removing and then the motor will go full length of arc for what you can receive, i had to have installer back to do this as it was so frustrating first time. It says to 70.5e in manual but can only get mine to 68.5e with a strong signal and just wont go to 70.5e although convinced it might with another motor put on but as not much there at present not worth it after all the hassle on first installation. If i decide to do this will make sure no hardware limits on the type of motor i choose. Having said all that the tm2600 has not missed a beat since it was installed a couple of years ago so if set up right is a good motor. Hope this helps you with youre project.

Last edited:

empb

Staff member
Administrator
I was looking at that bit in the Manual as well-thx m8. Need to remove the hardware East limit (or move it to say 75E as satesco states my limit should be around 70E).

Coastman

Registered
I was looking at that bit in the Manual as well-thx m8. Need to remove the hardware East limit (or move it to say 75E as satesco states my limit should be around 70E).
I think also there is a 53w hardware limit that needs removing also but seen you can only go to 30w so not sure if you will want to do this. I for one will be very interested if you can get 70.5e and if you do i will feel even more frustrated that mine wont, am sure you know there is one active tp on that sat. If you do manage it that sat, again looking at the manual appears to be the limit.

mdt

VIP
the limits are behind the sticker m8, remove it and push the metal pins to the edge on each side to get the full 70 to 70 degree arc,regards mdt

satesco

Feed Hunter
On Eutelsat 70A you will receive a single package of TV programs{encrypted-Irdeto}, and the rest are for data if you get with the antenna to 70 degrees.There is also a transponder-11305 H,2500,3/4 on which you can download media content,as you can see from my pic.

empb

Staff member
Administrator
the limits are behind the sticker m8, remove it and push the metal pins to the edge on each side to get the full 70 to 70 degree arc,regards mdt

Yes m8 (reply from Technomate/manual of similair motor) Looks like I need to remove the neck on the motor and then peel back the degree sticker to get to the slider, so depends how much I want to try and catch the European & Wide European Beams of 53E, I guess.

We spent quite some time getting 7W, 4W & 21.6E (3.1E, 26E) aligned.

Which freq's/tp do most members (in North West UK, LAT +53.8 LONG -3.0) catch? ie any interesting channels with Sports, Music or English Audio?

Think that's the main bird, I would be removing the East Limit for reading here and around.