16 deg east - no signal at all,any help.

macalad

Registered
Cant get no signal from any tps on 16e in Liverpool UK.Tried everything but none.Had an @sat9500 and could get some channels 3 months ago but changed to Orton x403 and cant get none now.Its not the dish(same one(motorised)).Been reading this section and someone saying the actual satellite has changed its beam slightly,is this true?Any replies welcome,Maca laaaaa!!!!

westonesat

Registered
cant really explain why no signal at all as dish is set up correctly, there are 3 satellites at this `16E` position.
i have found that moving the dish slighlty on a weak signal does improve reception on one frequency but reduces signal on previous position.
i actually thought of manually adding and seperating the three satellites rather than just having one setting for `16`e

Eutelsat W2M 15.88°E 0.02°Eurobird 16A 15.8°E -0.02°
Eutelsat Sesat 16.08°E 0.03°

hope you get it sorted

Coastman

Registered
Cant get no signal from any tps on 16e in Liverpool UK.Tried everything but none.Had an @sat9500 and could get some channels 3 months ago but changed to Orton x403 and cant get none now.Its not the dish(same one(motorised)).Been reading this section and someone saying the actual satellite has changed its beam slightly,is this true?Any replies welcome,Maca laaaaa!!!!
Not sure what size dish you have but i am in north of the uk and receive all transponders on 1.1 dish with some breakup in bad weather on the sesat beam transponders which are on the weakest of the three sats at this postion. Try to line up using the tring tp 11283v 27500 dvb-s as one of the strongest as on the wm2 beam. You said you get a few channels a while ago so perhaps the new receiver you are using has not got as good tuner as previous the one.

Last edited:

Coastman

Registered
16e with alignment spot on and the right sized dish for your location at the moment is producing good signals apart from a few transponders on the sesat beam and even then they are ok in fine weather. Having said that all the signals should improve in September when another attempt to get the new sat in orbit is made hopefully this time will be succesful.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
for me i can get this quite simple on a 88cm Dish
10758 V 27.500sr Fec 5/6
it has changed very slight to 15.8 East but the difference is very small just 0.2 degree so nothing significant ,
LNB Skew is very important and vital to have a decent high gain LNB with a pole dead vertical i use Icecrypt 0.1db Single LNB 86%/78% on Tring TV 21 channels if your dish is aligned ok and LNB is good enuff you should hold a pic 24/7 on this sat at least i do anyways .
Maybbe your sat box tuner is not as good as your previous box as mentioned ?
it wud help if you can put a sat meter or beeper on your dish to ensure your signals are still reading ok it might have gone slighly off alignment especially if there had been strong winds recently ?
let us know how you got on plze .
and good luck .
----
barney