1.8m motorised dish setup

timinuk

Registered
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of setting up the dish in the attached photo.

I bought it second hand and only a few miles from where i live therefore I expected the elevation to be more or less accurate, however, the information I have found on the internet from many different sources tells me that the dish was elevated much higher than it should be.

My main goal is to view 27.5W Intelsat but I ideally want to get it setup properly to make use of the motorised capability.

I have calculated the offset angle of the dish to be 24.6 based on the help provided here: -http://www.satsig.net/pointing/finding-dish-offset-angle.htm

and I know that my dish elevation is supposed to be 29.4 based on my location etc from dish pointer.com

What i need to know is as I'm no mathematical genius, if someone would be so kind, is what angle should the face of the dish be? I can accurately measure this angle with the inclinometer on the dish frame.

What I'm not so confident at is using the angle on the mount itself, especially when it comes to calculating the declination. Any assistance would be very much appreciated, particularly from anyone who can identify the make or who has a similar dish to this.

Thank you.

Timinuk

renshai

Registered
PM me an email addy and I will email you a PDF on the subject which I found useful for my 1.8m (53E to 45W) Channel Master