2 "receivers" to drive 1 motorised dish?

mmoloch

Registered
I have one Octagon SF8 HD without loop and I will buy a TBS6922 card to watch feeds.

Can I connect both to one motorised dish?... (I have one twin LNB).

I will never use both at the same time, if I'm using the Octagon the TBS6922 will be off.

Is it possible?

mmoloch

Registered
I have one Octagon SF8 HD without loop and I will buy a TBS6922 card to watch feeds.

Can I connect both to one motorised dish?... (I have one twin LNB).

I will never use both at the same time, if I'm using the Octagon the TBS6922 will be off.

Is it possible?

It seems that it is possible using a manual A/B Switch or using a Smart Priority Switch.

I have two fixed dishes and one motorized, all connected to a diseqc switch 1.1 8x1 -> Octagon SF8 HD.

On Friday I will receive a TBS6922 card and made a diagram of the connections that I want to use:

29vfe60.jpg

My idea is to watch the 6 fixed sats and the motorized dish in the Octagon SF8 and be able to change the two manual A/B switches and watch the 6 fixed sats and the motorized dish in the TBS6922 card...

... or be able to change one of the manual A/B switches and watch the 6 fixed sats in the Octagon SF8 and the motorized dish in the TBS6922 card and vice versa.

My diagram work?

Last edited:
M

mauricelugher

Hi Mmoloch,
I think U can forget to use a Tone-burst switch, because it's used only to switch from C-band to Ku-band and viceversa.
I also think that there will be a conflict between Switch Diseq 1.1 and Diseq 2.0 in the same line. I'm not sure your TBS/Octagon can manage a set up like that.
You can use other 2 manual or "0-12 V" switches, if maybe Octagon can control 1 of those, instead.
Ciao

mmoloch

Registered
... I also think that there will be a conflict between Switch Diseq 1.1 and Diseq 2.0 in the same line. I'm not sure your TBS/Octagon can manage a set up like that.
You can use other 2 manual or "0-12 V" switches, if maybe Octagon can control 1 of those, instead.
Ciao

From what I read about Diseqc cascading I think it will be no conflicts...

I already have everything ordered and soon will test the diagram, if it does not work already have another solution, a twin LNB on the motorized dish, I'll have to control the motorized dish on the computer but I'll be able to watch on the Octagon.

M

mauricelugher

... a twin LNB on the motorized dish, I'll have to control the motorized dish on the computer but I'll be able to watch on the Octagon.

I have the same stuff ;)
I tell you something that happens to me:
If I'm watching something on PC and I turn on/off my stb, the signal goes off for a little while, I mean few milliseconds, however enough to damage a recording.
Please tell me if You will be experiencing the same problem ;)
Ciao :thum:

mmoloch

Registered
I have the same stuff ;)
I tell you something that happens to me:
If I'm watching something on PC and I turn on/off my stb, the signal goes off for a little while, I mean few milliseconds, however enough to damage a recording.
Please tell me if You will be experiencing the same problem ;)
Ciao :thum:

Already tested the second solution (twin LNB) and apparently I do not have that problem, I can switch on/off my stb without losing the signal on the TBS card, later I'll try to switch on/off the stb while recording with the TBS card.