oscam - a better BISS?

dmr0x

Registered
tested and working :)

is there no way to set oscam to just cycle though the keys already in the softcam to decode a feed?

nascar and pga as well as other feeds that use the same key for months will require key input each time they broadcast. Pga use a few keys depending on the host broadcast but always the same sid pmt vpid which screws the biss key selection up.

C

campag5242

I did my best to explain in the opening post ;) Please re-read that first post, & look at the source code changes to understand what is going on.

It provides:
1. A mechanism to enable oscam to uniquely identify a feed & retrieve the correct BISS key. Exisitng methods in SoftCam.Key & constant.cw are weak here, as feeds quite often have identical sid/pmt/vpid etc, but different keys. Channel zapping between encrypted feeds is then impossible without editing the key files on-the-go.
2. A template SoftCam.Key entry which includes transponder details & timestamp. If copy/pasted into your SoftCam.key this builds into a log of your feedhunting history.

It does this whilst retaining full compatibilty with the previous methods, so you can ignore it if you so wish :D

Wilb

Registered
I can see a way that this could possibly be improved, but suspect that it would need to change where this hooks into the existing code.

I've got a load of keys already defined, so when I found a feed last night oscam still thought it could use one of those. It would be really useful if the suggested softcam.key line was still logged out even when it found a match, something like "Using key X but this can be overridden with the following entry"...

That way we could keep existing keys and start to migrate them over to their new format over time. Suspect it might not be achievable without a major rework though.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

C

campag5242

Hi Wilb & thanks for your feedback.

I think you discovered the problem with the old method... oscam again found a key for a different feed with the same pids fingerprint...

Maybe I should change the search order, searching first for a key matching the channel hash? That should work...

I simply removed all my old keys so never came up against or thought about that issue.

I've made one other change: a global BISS key, used when no matches are found. That's good for days like today with Champions League feeds using the same key, both mux's & scpc with a variety of service_id's.

Wilb

Registered
Ooh I like the sound of that last bit. An ideal lazy option if I'm trying to add a key in remotely from my phone... Just remove everything else, set the global key and restart...

But yeah, if you searched first for the channel hash, logged that one wasn't found and then allowed it to continue over the "normal" methods then that ought to work.

It was a CL feed I was using yesterday! Suspect I'll be doing the same tonight ☺️

budiarno

Registered
If only we can use some kind of parsing just like Group ID on PowerVu. So the keys are being tested one by one until it finds the matched one.

Wilb

Registered
Just to follow up to say that this weekends feeds have been made so much easier by this patch. Great work!

nautilus7

VIP
The patch is under development. Will be part of the official oscam-emu soon.

Any ideas are welcome btw...

nautilus7

VIP
If only we can use some kind of parsing just like Group ID on PowerVu. So the keys are being tested one by one until it finds the matched one.
I don't think that's even possible to know is a key is actually working (= descrabling the channel) with BISS system.

kebien

Registered
I don't think that's even possible to know is a key is actually working (= descrabling the channel) with BISS system.

Of course is possible,how do you think cudabiss and rainbow tables check when the video or audio packet is decrypted?

New Idea (actually very old) : use channel name : poll the SID for channel name to match channel and key,or at least use it as another variable.
Actually,enigma 2 is ALWAYS scanning the trasponder for changes in the trasponder in the background,and you can just get the channel name from there.
Just trying to help.

nautilus7

VIP
I am not sure if that's the case, at least with csa rainbow, but anyway, can you give any advice how I get that info from enigma2/oscam?

Using service name is not simple. For starters, I have to modify a lot the key reading/writing functions of the emu to make it work with names.