Go Back   Sat Universe > Technomate > Technomate Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

motorised set up questions

Technomate Chat

Old 02-05-2018, 12:20  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 85,821 Times in 17,474 Posts

"WinRAR" or "Winzip" simply is used to extract the desired file from its .zip or .rar file
when extracted it should be one single file and in .stb format
and yes 100% for sure you have no idea about extracting files , and sounds like your doing everything totally wrong and making it sound a lot more complex than it actually is,lol's

you have d/loaded patch from above provided link ??
now use "WinRAR" or "Winzip" to extract the .stb file from its .zip folder

Highlight the Phantompatch file and click & drag it into the USB folder this will show up instantly when you insert USB in your Laptop ,

Then put USB Stick in your TM5402 USB Slot Front or back it matters not

Select menu on remote> scroll down to usb/external device> Press ok > press green button > file manager>Select phantompatch> Press OK

wait for your box to Reboot & JOB Done
i fail to see how you can over-complicate such an easy basic task ??
how you ever got one TM5402 box patched i shall never know ,lol's
Old 02-05-2018, 14:18  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

yes i've repeatedly said i have no idea about using the usb for files and thats why i asked for an in depth step by step guide,i have pach 147 downloaded and winrar on desktop so i must now click the winrar pile of books icon to get to the file? to extract the stb file. i bought the first tm with the software/firmware added by the seller. i have searched youtube for a guide to doing it but cannot find any apart from channel lists. please dont think i'm a numpty just because i dont have knowledge of files i've never been taught to use computers but when it comes to using them for betting of ebay i'm red hot. the other problem i keep mentioning about betfred tv2 is still there i have re-scanned that transponder again today got 25 channels 4 titled betfred but not the ones with pids 400 and 410 which is the channel i've had and watched the EPL on all season long until i had to re-scan this weekend. i do realise members are trying to help.
Old 02-05-2018, 16:33  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,192 Times in 500 Posts

Channel name for those pids is
BETFRED TV (TTV)
Go this site for an unzipped patch
http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/reply.php?board=tm5402hd&num=69
Download that file, it will end in .stb
Then
Load on to usb stick
Insert usb stick in TM5402

Then Select

Menu
USB
External device
USB up/down
File manager
Phantompatch.stb
OK
Always back the channel list up first in case of errors.
Make sure to re enter your usals settings if using Usals.

Last edited by manic01; 02-05-2018 at 16:39..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
candyman2 (04-05-2018), justcallmeSteve (02-05-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 17:11  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

i'm going to give the advice by manic a try but if i cant do it i'm wondering if any member would sell me a usb stick with the patch on it as its just frustrating me too much and making me feel thick.
Old 02-05-2018, 17:17  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

downloaded it clicked on it and got box popped up with error
the archive is either unknown format or damaged. it would definitely be easiest for me if somebody will sell me a pre loaded usb with the firmware not channel list or keys i can add them myself via remote.
Old 02-05-2018, 17:26  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

You dont click on it, you copy and paste it on to usb stick or drag it onto usb stick.

Heres how to
https://www.wikihow.com/Save-Files-to-a-USB-Flash-Drive

Last edited by manic01; 02-05-2018 at 17:35..
The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
justcallmeSteve (03-05-2018)
Old 03-05-2018, 13:24  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
You dont click on it, you copy and paste it on to usb stick or drag it onto usb stick.

Heres how to
https://www.wikihow.com/Save-Files-to-a-USB-Flash-Drive
have followed those step by step instructions and used the link to 146 and have uploaded to new box downstairs had it at 39 e and has cleared them so will check the other sats to see if all working but looking good so far.
Old 03-05-2018, 14:02  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Glad you are sorted.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:30  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

getting the channels put in order got 4.8e sorted with the channel i'm missing on the upstairs box now clearing on new box with older channel list, when i'm changing channels the screen goes green then black than picture comes on it happens when swiching channels on different transponders and between sd and hd this has happened before the patch was added is this a common problem?
Old 04-05-2018, 13:16  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Change setting format from 1080 to auto or 576.
Please and thanks are often appreciated by members giving their time freely.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
candyman2 (04-05-2018), justcallmeSteve (04-05-2018)