vu+ solo 2 time bomb bricked jtag problem

starfox1

Registered
Hi
i have vu + solo 2 time bomb bricked receiver trying to recover with j tag BBS cypress device i have j tag flash file downloaded from vu-hd.com installed broadband studio 3 and bcm 97346 after that successfully connected to samsung flash K9F2G08U0C and also downloaded flash file 100% but still only light on front pannel no usb port working.
one thing i have noticed that when i flashed box with flash file and box unsuccessful for start and i am trying to connect with broadband 3 bcm it was connected but when trying to connect with flash K9F2G08U0C it shows i/o error and couldnot detect flash after that many time i pressed refresh button some time 7 some time 8 and some time 6 then it was detect flash after that i was perform erase entire flash then easily it will detect the flash ic i could not under stand what is this i think boot loader is wrong for this box
The Chip is K9F2G08U0C and the board is Lonrisun.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Try this bootloader mate.

But that input output error could mean the nand is write protected or faulty.

starfox1

Registered

I tried yhe attached file with no luck.
now two case:
first if the nand is write protected is their a way to remove the protection? if the answer is no:
and the nand is faulty can i replace it with empty one and reflash with the same bootloader?

thanx in advance Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I tried yhe attached file with no luck.
now two case:
first if the nand is write protected is their a way to remove the protection? if the answer is no:
and the nand is faulty can i replace it with empty one and reflash with the same bootloader?

thanx in advance Ferret

Ask your supplier to supply you with the correct bootloader they should know your not the first with this problem. Make sure your selecting the correct flash device to flash the bootloader to do this look at the nand chip and write down the ference use this in BB3

If that does not work there is a problem with the nand and it needs replacing.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ive just fond this info else where by Aliraza63 try this with the attached files.

I have used the method according to instruction and luckly recoverd back my Solo 2 and my Friends Solo2 Se . Both boxes are working fine For other members I m pasting pics and Files set for the forum.

1. First of All Install Mcu_ Flash file With the RS-232 Cable from the folder
2. Switch off the Receiver
3. Open Hyper terminal
4. According to PDF guide Connect and load the boot laoder in this folder
5. After Successfull Complete Just Uplaod any Safe Image with Usb

cifria

Registered
I bought JTAG cypress and reloaded BOOTLOADER Lonrisun v4, but I still have the same problem with the tuner.
I have a new bootloader for Lonrisum but a .dat (is to come out with a fix for the tuner to be sent via HyperTerminal serial).
I have to load it using JTAG but having .dat extension decoder does not boot and I had to put the bootloader v4.
How can I convert the bootloader .dat to .bin?

Talks

Registered
I bought JTAG cypress and reloaded BOOTLOADER Lonrisun v4, but I still have the same problem with the tuner.
I have a new bootloader for Lonrisum but a .dat (is to come out with a fix for the tuner to be sent via HyperTerminal serial).
I have to load it using JTAG but having .dat extension decoder does not boot and I had to put the bootloader v4.
How can I convert the bootloader .dat to .bin?
Hi cifria.
I have found this and it may help you to convert,
do a google serch with this name,
shc-3.8.6.tgz download
Regards Talks.

Last edited:

willi9

Registered
Hello, guys i have a problem a did everythink with my solo2 se mean bootloader ht ect. but problem is box not reading image from usb any solution for that ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, guys i have a problem a did everythink with my solo2 se mean bootloader ht ect. but problem is box not reading image from usb any solution for that ?

Are you using a clone ?

If so the box not responding to USB usually means the time bomb and youll need to either jtag which is not always successfull or replace the nand flash.

Please try other usb sticks though before anything else.

xtaaa

Registered
good afternoon
I have solo2 sanray
lit only touch button
can anyone know how to restore the bootloader using the cable usb that came with the tuner and using service port on the front panel of the tuner
Thank you

img_20160619_115037_porp.jpg

Last edited:

kally7

Registered
can i apply this method for my vu+ solo2 original ?
i mean bootloader. vu+ solo2 original not boot just the power on.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
can i apply this method for my vu+ solo2 original ?
i mean bootloader. vu+ solo2 original not boot just the power on.

As long as you use an original bootloader then the jtag procedure is the same for both original or clone.

kally7

Registered

Attached Files
File Type: rar solo2_bootloader.rar (125.3 KB, 488 views)

i can see a bootloader you uploaded, is it for solo2 original?