help needed to get channels

kitkat60

Registered
i need help to scan for channels on my wetek play i have installed tvheadend and also tried vdr but so far had no luck scanning channels i have put in 192.xxx.x.x:9981 the page comes up but with no files this is my second day trying to set it up for me a lot harder than my dreambox thanks

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
your better off using one of the enigma2 images mate on a micro sd card much better and easier in my opinion, you can download some pet settings edit them then send them to the box using dreambox edit

plus you might be better off purchasing an E2 remote control they are only cheap from wetek, if some of the normal remote buttons still do not work ie the numbers you can use the webif remote

https://wetek.com/shop/wetek-play-enigma-2-rcu

kitkat60

Registered
thanks brummie image like on dreambox 800se clone?? then send from install from zip can i use usb as micro sd card all ready in use to boot to openelec and if it all goes wrong can i reset box ??? thanks

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
yes mate download an SD Card E2 image from here http://www.sat-universe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=545 I have just installed openLD and I have previously used openATV both very good images write the image to your sd card with win32 diskimage after that's finished pop it into the slot and let it boot then you have an E2 receiver ie Dreambox Vu+ you can set them up in 10 mins max if you know your co-ordinates, the only snag you will run in to is the little remote did not work correctly with the E2 images this may have been fixed, if not you get around it by using the webif remote for inserting your co-ordinates

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
I made this sound like the remote was not working at all with E2 images it was just the numbers side of it that never worked on the little remote but you got around it using the webif until you get a new remote if your going to get one.

I have openelec installed on an 8 gig SD Card and an E2 image on another and just use as you please if you want openelec switch off and insert the card and switch back on, kodi runs much better on openelec rather than the app on the android side of it,and if you want to run your E2 image insert that SD Card.

always switch off before removing and inserting the SD Cards :thum:

kitkat60

Registered
the remote is not working now having to use mouse so i can remove sd card with openelech the insert sd card with image on ok???

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
yeah mate just either reflash your sd card with an E2 image, even a 4 gig one will work for the E2 image but you can get 8 gig ones for under £5

the remote does work on the E2 images minus the number buttons unless that problem has been fixed in the newer images

kitkat60

Registered
thanks brummie sent for a remote and a sd card and downloaded win 32 diskimage let you know how i get on thanks m8

kitkat60

Registered
i should get my sd card tomorrow do i connect my dish cable in antena 1 or 2 and when i install image can i install settings with dreamset or do i have to convert the setting some how ???

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
put it to ant-1 yes and you should be able you use dreamset I use dreambox edit for mine

after you send the settings across restart enigma or just reboot it

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
go to system tuner setup and change to simple/positioner then add your co-ordinates if you don't have the new remote yet you will need to log onto webif by typing the box ip into your browser and you will see a remote there you can use that for entering the co-ordinates numbers

kitkat60

Registered
well brunnie got image in got settings in now i need ithink??? oscam to download and path the put my converted clines in

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
you should be able to download it from the remote go to plugins and its either the green or yellow button for downloads I think and i'm pretty sure there is a softcam download in there just download oscam

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
it looks like they have removed oscam from the downloads as there is only ncam there now