Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Equipment

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

advise welcomed on my 1.2m channel master

Satellite Equipment

Old 23-10-2018, 14:31  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default advise welcomed on my 1.2m channel master

Just picked up a channel master 1.2m for 20 quid and i am chuffed to bits with it. it makes my 80cm motorised dish look like a toy.

It has an actuator fitted but no idea if it works or not, i dont have a vbox to test it or any experience using one.... it also came complete with wall mount.

Because of where i will have to mount it i will not be able to get any sats past 5w or anything past 23 east. With that in mind i plan to make it a fixed dish mostly for feeds on 10 and 7 east.

Which sat would be best to centre the dish on ??
I have also thought about a 3 degree monoblock for both 7 and 10 east
Would else could i hope to pick up with the dish centered at those sats, if i were to add more lnb's and switch ???
Im in sunny london UK.

Any advise or thoughts welcomed.

TIA
The Following User Says Thank You to jenseneverest For This Useful Post:
barney115 (24-10-2018)
Old 24-10-2018, 02:17  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

im going to go motorised with it, i know i will regret not doing that later on. will test the actuator with a 24v power supply tomorrow
on the hunt for a v-box then....
barney115 (24-10-2018)
Old 24-10-2018, 02:40  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 91,595 Times in 18,671 Posts

V-boxes are cheap i have two of them one for my 1.2 channel master dish and other for my 2 meter prime focus dish ,
check your actuator is working its best all round idea , and buy Multi-core 4 core color cable however much you need from V-box to Actuator Arm .

inside the actuator there is Reed and Motor this is then wired to your V-box accordingly ,
say for example... red,green,blue,black is the 4 core electric cable
red,green wired to Actuator Sensor and other end red,green to Sensor in V-box .
That leaves Blue/Black wired to Motor in actuator and other end Blue/Black wired to Motor in V-box this part must be correct if you got it wrong dish will turn wrong way when moving V-box its then a case of switching around Black/Blue i always make that simple mistake when fitting a new Actuator even tho' after many,many years i really should know better ,lol's
The Following User Says Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
jenseneverest (24-10-2018)
Old 24-10-2018, 02:58  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Quote:
5w or anything past 23 east
This still Leaves you able to get
23.5E , 21.6E , 19.2E , 16E , 13E , 10E , 9E , 7E ,4.8E , 3E
AND 1.6E [ Lots of old Tandberg Encrypted Channels Here all open ]
3 West And 5 West also have few feeds

There is plenty to be obtained with main feed Sats 23.5E,16E,10E,7E,3E and 1W , 3 West , 5 West

You'd be mad not to use your Actuator infact .
or at the very worst have to buy an Actuator Arm and a bit of 4 core electric cable and a V-box still does not amount to very much money at all for what you will get in return .

Best V-Box is Motek/Technomate they last forever and a day
but in reality anything under £50 will still do the job

you have certainly come to the right place for advise and help i have been exactly in your position when i started seriously into satellite TV as a hobby maybe 20 years ago
now [ been far longer than that in reality ,lol ]
i have 5 motorized dishes and i am totally an addict and never looked back ,
Thanks to this forum and its members i have never missed any pay per view events or any important feeds yes things change but we adapt to those changes and move onward and upward as always : )
always good to see fellow members take a keen interest in our hobby !
Good luck m8 post back any questions we are here to help : ))
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
jenseneverest (24-10-2018), manic01 (24-10-2018)
Old 24-10-2018, 07:00  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

CM is nice dish (one of my favorite brands). The dish is not very "friendly" to multifeeds, however it is possible. I think if dish came with polar-mount it is vice idea to make it motorized. Before you install it, change all nuts&bolts to INOX ones, other-way you will get rusty marks on the "face" of the dish from "sunny" London weather.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RimaNTSS For This Useful Post:
barney115 (24-10-2018), jenseneverest (24-10-2018)
Old 27-10-2018, 21:40  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanks for the reply guys, have spend a few days rebuilding the dish mount replacing / painting whatever rusty bits i could.The bushes themselves had very little if any wear in them, that shows just how much of a quality dish it is.

The actuator however was stuffed so have ordered new vbox, superjack and cabling. Weather permitting would like to lightly sand and paint the dish next week..... im sure i will be back with more questions regarding setup....

barney115 (28-10-2018)
Old 27-10-2018, 22:27  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Mount looks nice. It is up to you, but I think that any CM dish can be washed with kitchen sponge, so, usually no painting is necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to RimaNTSS For This Useful Post:
jenseneverest (28-10-2018)
Old 28-10-2018, 00:32  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Lightbulb

100% Agree my CM 1.2 dish has been up more than 8 Years
A bit of elbow grease and a sponge should be all that is required .
That polar mount looks brand new now i know for a fact its really hard to find polar mounts for a CM dish i think they stopped production many years ago and Raven dishes and mounts are all that is around these days AFAIK .

A New vbox, superjack 24" heavy and cabling is a good idea
and for LNB the best i have tested was the Golden Media High Gain Universal Quad LNB with Gold-Plated Contacts (0.1 dB)

close 2nd was Inverto Black Ultra LNB which most peeps use these days ,
The Technomate LNB i found was rubbish enuff , the darkgold LNB was a good honest 3rd in my testings ,
i have tried maybe a dozen or so LNB brands and those were my results of course everyone will have a different opinion
hope to hear back more on this very interesting topic and thanks for the updates @ jenseneverest and thnx @ RimaNTSS for solid advice as always
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
jenseneverest (28-10-2018), oys (28-10-2018), RimaNTSS (28-10-2018)
Old 28-10-2018, 02:11  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

your very luckey to get the dish ive had one for over 15 years
best one i ever bought best of luck jovie
The Following User Says Thank You to jovie For This Useful Post:
jenseneverest (28-10-2018)