Emunation faq

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegeku90

Registered
1-What is EmuNation?

EmuNation is VDR-SC style CAM emulator for Windows based systems. First release only runs with MD-API applications.

2-Why we cannot use SoftC*m.K*y file?

I think it is not useful that including keys to code itself. Because this leads new versions and fixes in key-based attacks. So EmuNation uses Emukeys.Key file instead of Softcam.key file that contains some RSA/EMM keys for decryption and au. This file is in same format with vdr-sc 's keyfile. It is not very difficulf to understand and easy to manipulate. You can see key file format in example key file of vdr-sc.

3-Why is Nagra au experimental? (In first revision)

Nagra has lots of EMM keys for AU and I cannot find them. So in theory if you provide this keys Nagra au should work. Without this data I cannot test the code and so angra is experimental until I reach correct datas..

Edit:03 01 2005
Nagra is not experimental after release 1.2a .. I have only Hotbird satellite to test Nagra channels. AU and decryption work with provider. With Hispasat providers Nagra should work well. there is no difference. You need correct named epprom files and appropriate keys for au and dectyption..

4-What does "signature check fails" mean?

This error occurs when a key (session, RSA and verify keys) is not correct..

5-My Emukeys file includes correct Nagra session keys but I cannot decrypt any channel, but other plugins does.

Because Nagra providers doesnt uses same ident for decrytion and au. For examle if your provider ident is 1000 you need keys with ident 1100.

6-ProgDVB closed with error when I put Emunation.dll to ProgDVB directory?

I am not sure but new versions of ProgDVB uses new filter structure and I use standart MDAPI filter structure. This error can be occurs with this size mismatch. I will handle that..

7-Is DVBCore supported?

Not yet but it will. My first goal is running au codes. Later I will add other features like CAT scanning etc.

8-I use correct Contant CW keys but EmuNation doesnt send DCW?

Because you are using a fake ECM pid. In version 1.0a at least one packet must arrive to EmuNation. You can change ECM pid with video pid but it is not pratical. I will handle this bug too..

9-My SS1 doesnt work with it?

Sending TT command doesnt implemented yet. Use TTTrick.dll.

10-My S2 Provider doesnt work!

EmuNation has full s2 support. If you provide correct hash,mask table and M1, N51 M9, E1 and session keys it can decrypt..

11- Good but how can I find additional keys

You can use newcamd rsakeylist file for RSA keys. Nowadays I see lots of up2data emukeys.key files on upload centers.

feixen

Registered
7-Is DVBCore supported?

Not yet but it will. My first goal is running au codes. Later I will add other features like CAT scanning etc.

it is supported , isn't it?
and some other points is from past [and far far away :D ]
but thx ...

here an current/additional update.

A current EmuNation softcam.key file can usually be found at:
http://www.tvkeyz.com/softcams/EmuNation Softcam.key

File locations:
---------------
*** ProgDVB & MyTheatre & MediaPortal TV Server (TV3) ***
{root}
pthreadVC2.dll {VC++ support file}

{root}\Plugins
EmuNation.dll
EmuNation.ini
Softcam.key {see sample for required keys}

{root}\Plugins\Nagra (Required files to use NoOneImportant's AU}
Rom102.bin {ROM 102 bin file - 98304 bytes}
EEP08_102.bin {Dish rev147 - 18432 bytes)
EEP09_102.bin {Bev rev147 - 18432 bytes)

*** DvbDream ***
{root}

{root}\Plugins\Pip00
EmuNation.dll
EmuNation.ini

{root}\Plugins\Pip00\Nagra (Required files to use NoOneImportant's AU}
EEP01_102.bin {Dish rev10B - 18432 bytes)

*** TSReader ***
{root}
FFDecsa_64_MMX.dll

{root}\MDPlugins
EmuNation.dll
EmuNation.ini

{root}\MDPlugins\Nagra (Required files to use NoOneImportant's AU}

Please make sure the names are EXACTLY as they are shown above for your provider!
The ROM102.bin has an md5sum ('md5sum ROM102.bin') of: f05c2feeec184c6c5f3f327a90712b09

Additionally for Mediaportal TV Server you must install and register Agarwals MDAPI filter.
You can find the filter, as well as instructions on how to install it, on DVBN

To run multiple programs (MT and TSR for example), or multiple PIP instances (Dream for example):
- Place all the emunation files (except emunation.dll and emunation.ini) and the
nagra subfolder in a folder somewhere
- Place the pthreadVC2.dll file where it needs to be for your application(s) (see above).
- Put the EmuNation.dll and EmuNation.ini files in the (MD)plugins directory as shown above.
- Modify each EmuNation.ini file so that the S_K_location= entry points to the
folder that you created in the first bullet.
- The MECM files, softcam file etc. will now all be shared among all of your applications.

Tested with the following:
-------------------------
Alt-DVB
DVB Dream
MediaPortal TVServer with Agarwals MDAPI Filter (DVB-S only)
MyTheatre
ProgDVB
RitzDVB

1- What is EmuNation?

EmuNation is VDR-SC style CAM emulator for Windows based systems.

1a- What is Emunation-SC?

In the begining there was a linux program called sc. It was ported over to windows and renamed emunation. A design decision eventually followed to make the windows version as compatible as possible with the linux sc version so that code could be shared and moved from one to the other seamlessly. This meant (aside from other things) the auxserver worked, so it was up when emunation was down. And it was named Emunation-sc. Both perform the same basic function, the -sc version is built with VS2005 and has different console logging functions.

1b- What is the difference between Emunation VS2008 and VS2005?

In terms of code, nothing, but they are compiled using different versions of Microsoft Visual Studio and require different Visual C++ Runtimes to be installed on your PC. The VS2008 version might see some minor performance increases due to additional compiler optimization, but you are free to use either version.

If you wish to use the VS2008 version, you will need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package

found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...34-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

If you wish to use the VS2005 version, you will need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package found here (yes, use the SP1 version):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en

The reason the 2005 is kept around is that some people still use older version of windows and they can't run 2008.

2-Why are the keys rolling so slow? It's much faster in ***

Please understand that how fast it gets the keys is not under the control of EmuNation. It is how often a provider sends them. This morning on the channel I am watching it is every 7 minutes.

So, assuming that your install is working correctly and that you have emm processing turned on, it will see keys once every 7 minutes.

This time period is a change for dn, it used to be every 4 minutes. So they can make changes.

Other factors can affect how long it takes to get picture. If your machine has been unsed for a long time, You may also need the 0106 keys. If you need 0106 keys you probably also need the mecm download, all these are only sent time to time and you can't get the current mecm until you have the current 0106 keys.

So, if you have been off for a couple weeks it all may take 20-30 minutes or more. But it is dependant on them sending them in the stream, not how well emunation works. This assumes that you are current with EmuN and that there has been no change that has taken everyone down, i.e. last night.

This all applies to bev too, but all the numbers and time periods are different.

3- What is softcam.Key?

It is a text file where the keys are stored.

4- What does "signature check fails" mean?

This error occurs when a key (session, RSA and verify keys) is not correct..

5- My Softcam file includes correct Nagra session keys but I cannot decrypt any channel, but other plugins does.

Because Nagra providers don't use the same idents for decryption and au. For example: if your provider ident is 1000 you need keys with ident 1100.

6- ProgDVB closed with error when I put Emunation.dll to ProgDVB directory?

New versions of ProgDVB use a new filter structure and EmuNation uses the standard MDAPI filter structure. This error could result from this size mismatch.

7- Is DVBCore supported?

Yes

8- I use correct Contant CW keys but EmuNation doesnt send DCW?

Because you are using a fake ECM pid. In version 1.0a at least one packet must arrive to EmuNation. You can change ECM pid with video pid but it is not pratical.

9- My SS1 doesn't work with it?

Sending TT command isn't implemented. Use TTTrick.dll.

10- My S2 Provider doesn't work!

EmuNation has full s2 support. If you provide correct hash mask table and M1, N51 M9, E1 and session keys it will decrypt.

11- Good, but where can I find additional keys

You can use newcamd rsakeylist file for RSA keys. Many upload centers carry softcam.key files that are updated immediatly after a keychange.

12- Can both the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package be installed on my PC at the same time?

Yes, they will not interfere with each other.

13- Where do the files go?

In the distrubtion package there is a readme file. In there it describes the proper location for almost every dvb program out there.

14- I've placed the DLLs in the correct folders (and double checked) but Emunation isn't showing up as a plugin for my DVB app, what could be wrong?

Chances are you don't have the correct C++ Redistributable Package installed for your version of emunation. Please see the above question for more details.

15- Why was Nagra au experimental? (In first revision)

Nagra has lots of EMM keys for AU and I cannot find them. So in theory if you provide these keys, Nagra au should work. Without this data I cannot test the code and so nagra is experimental until full data is available.

Edit:03 01 2005
Nagra is no longer experimental since release 1.2a, but were only tested on Hotbird. AU and decryption work with all providers. On Hispasat providers Nagra should work as well. However, you need the correct named eprom files and appropriate keys for au and decryption.

feixen

Registered
Q.
how can we handle the key-data in softcam.key - file for the EmuNation-plugin?

A.

softcam-file structure is same like linux based sc-plugin softcam.

here the key-formats:

Code:
; Irdeto/Betacrypt 
; 
; I XX YY <16 characters> 
; 
; XX               - provider 
; YY               - key number 
; 

; 
; Seca 
; 
; S XXXX YY <16 characters/32 characters> 
; S XXXX [EMM] Mz <180 characters> 
; S XXXX [EMM] Ez <12 characters/180 characters> 
; S XXXX N51 M9 <258 characters> 
; S XXXX N51 E9 <2 characters> 
; 
; XXXX             - provider ident 
; Mz / Ez          - RSA key name (z = 1,3,5). 
;                    Exponent keys may be padded up to 180 chars. 
;                    Optional "EMM" for EMM RSA keys. 
; N51              - RSA keys for Nano 5109 handling. 
; 

; 
; Viaccess 
; 
; V XXXXXX YY <16 characters/32 characters> 
; V XXXXXX TPS <32 characters> 
; 
; XXXXXX           - provider ident 
; 

; 
; Nagra 
; 
; N XXXX YY <16 characters> 
; N XXXX E1 [ROMq] [PKv] [TYPw] <128 characters> 
; N XXXX N1 [ROMq] [PKv] [TYPw] <128 characters> 
; N XXXX N2 [ROMq] [TYPw] <128 characters> 
; N XXXX V  [ROMq] [TYPw] <16 characters> 
; 
; XXXX             - provider ident 
; ROMq             - (optional) ROM specific keys (q = ROM number) 
; PKv              - (optional) PK key number (v = 0,1,2) 
; TYPw    

; 
; Conax 
; 
; C XX M <128 characters> 
; C XX E <128 characters> 
; 
; XX         - key number 
; 

; 
; Constant CW 
; 
; X YYYY freq:pol:src:sid <32 characters> 
; 
; YYYY      - CA system id e.g. 0100 
; freq      - transponder frequence 
; pol       - polarization (v/h/r/l) 
; src       - sat source (Not used because of limitation of MDAPI) 
; sid       - service ID 
; 
; example: 
X 0d02 12670:v:S19.2E:23457 00000000000000000000000000000000 

+Console 

EmuNation has an advanced log console.You can trace errors from it. 

+Usage of Constant CW as BISS

new irdeto2 is added in
emunation-sc rev 938.1

Merge Irdeto changes from sc repository.
Add Irdeto2 support from sc repository. See file "irdeto softcam example.txt" for softcam format.

in this handle the key-formats [I2] like this:

Code:
; Irdeto/Betacrypt
;
; I XX ZZ <16 characters>
;
; XX               - provider
; ZZ               - key number
;
; Irdeto 2
;
; I XXXX YY ZZ <32 characters>          ; opkey
; I XXXX YY IV <32 characters>          ; IV (M2)
; I XXXX YY ECM <32 characters>         ; ECM seed (M1)
; I XXXX YY EMM <32 characters>         ; EMM seed (M0)
; I XXXX YY MK0 <32 characters>         ; first PMK (M3)
; I XXXX YY MK1 <32 characters>         ; second PMK (M4)
;
; XXXX             - caid
; YY               - provider
; ZZ               - opkey number

Status
Not open for further replies.