Ultra HD on Eutelsat 10A

yarm

Registered
Hi, I've been trying to view the Ultra HD channels on Eutelsat 10A 11304H, but I'm having difficulty, I have a 120 cm dish but just cant get a strong enough signal, although I can get the BFBS radio stations on 11221V no problem. Has anyone else tried this with any luck?

mdt

VIP
Hi, I've been trying to view the Ultra HD channels on Eutelsat 10A 11304H, but I'm having difficulty, I have a 120 cm dish but just cant get a strong enough signal, although I can get the BFBS radio stations on 11221V no problem. Has anyone else tried this with any luck?

i can recieve them but its just a promo loop split into 4 channels due to pixel amount. certain boxs have problems displaying a picture,regards mdt

yarm

Registered
Ive just measured my dish and its 100 cm, I'd always assumed it was bigger!! Ive just tried an Inverto Black Ultra and shorter cable and the signal is slightly better, but still cant get a good enough signal, just random blocks on the image. I did a full scan on this satellite and found quite a few SD stations were weak too, although some were OK. I am using DVBViewer on a brand new Core i5/Radeon Grpahics laptop with a Compro USB2 DVB-S2 adapter, maybe its not sensitive enough? mdt, what eqipment were u using to get this? Has anyone got any suggestions, is it just a case of I need a bigger dish for this sat?

yarm

Registered
I've managed to get it working now, I used a different computer. Core2-Quad with a TT-Budget-S2 PCI Sat card. I've recorded 10 mins of the stream to a TS file. Now i've got to find a way of playing all 4 HD streams in sync together! The content is kinda boring but im just doing it as a techinal challenge for fun.